THX 1138 anyone?

Thats odd... It didn't show the post I started this with... It was a little slow in updating. Wonder if something is up with the board or just my ISP

Here it is again:
I haven't seen much talk of THX 1138 and was wondering what stuff eveyone has done up for this? Anyone have anything to share?

Here are a couple of things I did up a couple of years ago for Halloween.

74_45-R.jpg

THX_BADGE_sm.jpg

Originally posted by creiff@Mar 13 2006, 05:58 PM
Thats odd... It didn't show the post I started this with... It was a little slow in updating. Wonder if something is up with the board or just my ISP

Here it is again:
I haven't seen much talk of THX 1138 and was wondering what stuff eveyone has done up for this? Anyone have anything to share?

Here are a couple of things I did up a couple of years ago for Halloween.

74_45-R.jpg

THX_BADGE_sm.jpg

[snapback]1204809[/snapback]​
Cool helmet.

Has anyone produced a ful mask?

I'm not sure how frequently they come up on ebay but that is where I picked up mine. I actually got it probably 8 years ago intending to make this with it but never got around to it untill I needed some quick costumes. When I bought it the black was incorrect and there were other condition problems with it so I did have to strip the helmet fill a bunch of deep gouges and repaint it. I think it came out ok for a 2 day project though.

Check ebay for old police motorcycle helmets. You should have some luck finding one at a reasonable price. I don't think they are really all that popular.

Chris

Love THX1138.
Did the Car the Samos 3 years ago lights,motorized and everything. still looks cool after all these years . would like to build a larger scale Lola Mark 3 ,Someday.
enjoy.
MSL

ive got an original police helmet almost itendical but never did anything with it, and no one was interested when i tried selling it :p

Originally posted by mr.predicta@Mar 14 2006, 06:31 PM
Love THX1138.
Did the Car the Samos 3 years ago lights,motorized and everything. still looks cool after all these years . would like to build a larger scale Lola Mark 3 ,Someday.
enjoy.
MSL
[snapback]1205606[/snapback]​

Cool topic, love the helmet Chris, awesome..

I've always wanted to convert the Tamiya Lola to the police car - maybe someday I'll get to that... MSL, where did you get that car? very nice.

Dan

Originally posted by Kylash327@Mar 14 2006, 06:45 PM
ive got an original police helmet almost itendical but never did anything with it, and no one was interested when i tried selling it :p
[snapback]1205613[/snapback]​

Hey Kylash, do you have any pics of your helmet, and do you still have it. If so what was the asking price on it?

MSL,
Excellent car. How big is it? I have a big 1/32 slot car track in my basement and have always wanted to convert a couple of cars for running the track. What did you use as reference?

You guys with the helmets... I created the art for the helmet numbers and such in Illustrator and would be happy to send you those files if you are interested in doing up one of the helmets. At the time I did this I had access to a printer capable of making decals so I just output the numbers/Letters on waterslide decal paper. It worked perfectly although I suspect that the originals were rub-downs or possibly vinyl letters.

If you have particular numbers you want I can change them as well fairly easily. I did up the only helmet that you can clearly see both sides and the front of in the film but there are numerous others in there that you could choose from.

Same offer goes for the badge... happy to share it if there is interest.
Chris

Originally posted by creiff@Mar 22 2006, 01:50 PM

You guys with the helmets... I created the art for the helmet numbers and such in Illustrator and would be happy to send you those files if you are interested in doing up one of the helmets. At the time I did this I had access to a printer capable of making decals so I just output the numbers/Letters on waterslide decal paper. It worked perfectly although I suspect that the originals were rub-downs or possibly vinyl letters.

If you have particular numbers you want I can change them as well fairly easily. I did up the only helmet that you can clearly see both sides and the front of in the film but there are numerous others in there that you could choose from.

Same offer goes for the badge... happy to share it if there is interest.
Chris
[snapback]1210904[/snapback]​

Hey Chris, that is cool of you to share the numbers and id card. You may want to put it over at the free paper prop thread. I would be interested in some numbers for the helmet. But since I really haven't see the film yet I will have to wait on what numbers to get. :)

I would love to get chrome mask, did anyone ever do a run of those, or a found item? I saw a guy at dcon three years ago, with the full outfit, very nice.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back