Throw it away? No, that kind of looks like...

joeranger

Sr Member
I, mean if I cut this part off, paint these, add some bits and pieces...

Have you ever seen a piece of junk and said, "OMG, I could make a _______ out of that?" Let's face it. That's how the real prop guys do it.

I know these are not SA Ecto-goggles, but they will be good enough for my Ghost party.

This was the attachment for the old water softener. Plumber was going to throw it away...

8578386.jpeg

Have you ever seen a piece of junk and said, "OMG, I could make a _______ out of that?"...

All the time; it's made me a bit of a pack-rat because of it. :facepalm

Im in the same boat. My wife gives me crap about being a "hoarder" because of this. I guess two cardboard boxes to hold ALL my paint, brushes, tools and odds and ends makes me a hoarder. :p

Sorry guys, didn't happen with out pics. Post your junk to prop conversion.

And yes. These are going to be a splinter cell/ecto hybrid once I get the green LEDs and lenses in them.

Don't look in my closet or you'll see a bunch of organized storage containers for bits and bobbles that i said that about lol.

Are you kidding me ? If I get caught bringing home one more old DVD or VHS player to take apart in the garage and sort into individual containers I might be single soon...

I don't know, junk is junk.

For example...

The other day I was going through some old boxes and I found a flash for an old Graflex camera. However I no longer have the camera so what the hell am I going to do with a stupid old Graflex flashgun? It's junk, so I tossed it.

It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again,,,, it puts the lotion in the basket,,,,,,,,,,PUT THE ****ING LOTION IN THE BASKET!

A few years back I was working on 3 blasters at the kitchen table. Mostly unpainted resin pieces. Some of them very small. I leave the house to go get some smaller screws and some JB weld. While I'm gone my wife and her friend arrive at the house, deem everything on the table garbage, and throw it ALL in the trash.

I kind of flipped out when I got home. :) The first words out of my mouth "That's not JUNK! You don't just throw this stuff away!" She has not touched my prop stuff ever since, and has taken to calling me a pack rat, and hoarder.

And occasionally she has actually asked me before throwing something away "Can you make a prop out of this, or is it garbage?"

:)

I sort of have the reverse situation. My wife and her famliy are all pack rats. Only my mother-in-law is an actual horder. I have grown very cautious about asked my wife to save any type of items for hobby projects.

Ten years ago I needed a few Fuji Film cannisters for a lighsaber project. I really only needed one, but ended up using three as I killed two with practice attempts gone wrong. She told her sister and for more than a year family members were giving me bags of the silly things.

Two years ago she saw me nab a couple empty cereal boxes out of the trash as raw materials for cardboard mock-up buildings on my model railroad. Within a week she had acquired dozens of them.

Now if only she could scrounge up things like the MST3K 'Gypsy' Century car seats or R2D2's Viscount lamps in those quantities.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back