Suggestion Thread Tags

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm sure this has come up before.

Is it possible with our software to add Thread Tags like Blogs do help with searching topics ?

Obviously we have a Search function, but not everyone puts the important info in the Thread title or uses ambiguous titles that evade the Search altogether.

I would love to see Thread Tags that could be selected by a Thread original poster that could be searched.

I think that there would have to be a 'Tag bank' so that if the OP selects that Tag it would be findable with all other Threads using the same Tag.

For example, the Tag bank might have Tags like sewing, lycra, armor building, vac-forming, mold making, painting, weathering, boots, gloves, capes, electronics, photo etch, seam filling, painting plastic, painting metal, fiberglass, bondo, gluing resin, painting resin, etc....

The reason I suggest a Tag bank is because if the OP picks their own tags doing a search by Tags might only yield one result.

Most blogs allow you to use multiple Tags, so a build of a resin and metal gun with added electronics might have Tags like gluing resin, painting resin, electronics, painting metal, bondo, seam filling, etc... With the use of those Tags, if someone was looking for tips and tricks for a similar kit they might find them when the Thread title was 'Han Solo Blaster WIP' and the regular search function yielded nothing.

For example if I wanted to know more about using bondo, I could search any Thread with 'bondo' as a Tag.

I would not suggest allowing Tags for the Off Topic section.

Is it possible ?

I'm 100% with you on this one!

I'm not a serial blogger, but I sure as hell prefer finding my preferred TV or Film prop or costume threads by homing them down with tags. I have to sift through the board trying to decode people's thread titles sometimes!

Hell I'd be happy to sift through and add the tags myself :D

Pwetty Please mods :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back