Suggestion thread highlighting

Russ257

Sr Member
It used to be unread threads were bolded. If I read the thread it would be unbolded. Then if someone posted in that thread when I went back it would be bold again. Now it seems when I read a thread it stays unbolded even if someone posts in it again. Is there a setting for this because I liked it the old way.

Yeah, I have the same issue, although, I think I brought it on myself!

My inquisitive mind wanted to know what it would look like if I clicked on the "mark forums read" button that I just noticed. It resulted in not having any threads highlighted at all, new posts or not. I wasn't keen on that so I clicked the button again to go back to the way it used to be, but alas, I can't reverse the change! How can I go back to having threads with new posts appearing in BOLD please? Thanks!

I think I just figured it out, once I re-clicked the button, new posts (made after I started messing around) started to show up in bold again, but the "old" new posts were still left un-highlighted, in a couple of hours I'll be back to normal I think.

Cheers!

I looked a little closer and it actually appears to be 3 levels of boldness now
Darkest- you havent read this
Medium- you read this but it has been updated since then
light- you read this but no new posts since then

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back