Thrawns Vader: DONE!

Thrawn

After many years ive finally completed version 1 of my vader costume, first thing I replace is going to be my atrocious codpiece. I havent really had a lot of money to do this, so the grand sum for this is: just under $1100 CDN. Sorry about the dark pics, they kind of obscure the fact that I have legs. Criticism welcome.
Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

I think that is a very nicely done Vader. I may not be a Vader expert, but I really think you make a great vader. The last picure is the best, the pose and the background, awesome. Now have fun trooping.

Wow that's a great ensemble for the price and your proportions are right on. Only thing I would do is adjust the dome so that it's tilted with the flaring lower back. Keep the belt horizontal. Looks like you have the height...a larger set of armor would fit you perfectly.

:thumbsup

Thomas

Very nice Vader you got there. Really impressive looking from what I can see and for the amount used.

I like the last few pictures the best (thought the other ones looked a bit too static and un-imposing in a way).

You can find vinyl lettering on occasion for sale on eBay... otherwise, they could probably be painted on, if you have something to look at while painting it and if you have a steady hand.

Thanks for the comments. When I put the suit on for these pics, it was the first time I had actually worn the whole thing at one time. The first few pics I did just to see if everything was working out and on straight, then I did the ones with the poses later in the day, there was more light so the other pictures turned out better. Heres one taken later on, its better than the first few in that you can actually see something. My codpiece is really thick though here, so it makes it look like ive got a Jennifer Lopez Vader going on. I intend to apply for 501st membership with this, I hope its acceptable.
Sithlord, I dont know if the full size armor would fit me, my current armor (as is too blatantly obvious) is old GT armor, its 8 1/2" down the center, is the full size a lot bigger than that?
Darth Phaeton: The picture of you in your signature looks like a production still from the movies, very nice.
thrawnvader.jpg

"Had a slight alteration of the last image "
haha, I did the same thing with a skull, for the "Yorrick" look, but I wont share that one :(
Im going to get some better pictures, ive since realised that in my previous pictures I look kind of stupid, with the surcoat pulled that far forward.

<div class='quotetop'>(Thrawn @ May 22 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]1248932[/snapback]</div>
Im considering getting some JB armor, based on my pics, do you think id be swimming in it?
[/b]

Not really. I think it would enhance the look.

PM sent by the way.

Wow, it looks good. I remember a couple years back on the STT when you started building it - now it's done. Great work (especially considering the price.)

Disregard all past pictures, id had the inner robe on wrong and a few other things messed up, and it didnt look right. I took these tonight, it REALLY emphasizes how getting the surcoat wrong ruins the whole image.

IMG_0104ps.jpg

IMG_0102ps.jpg

IMG_0101ps.jpg

IMG_0100ps.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back