Thrawn Alliances Cosplay

jayperiod

I'm thinking about cosplay the SDCC cover version of Thrawn from Thrawn Alliances. Has anyone seen any other artwork of the pre-Empire Chiss armor that I can use as a reference?

Attachments

• d9va5obit6611.jpg
    d9va5obit6611.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 85
That might be it. I double checked the Survivor's Quest book (yeah I know old EU) and it just shows his head. Everything else shows his Grand Admiral uniform so that might be all from that period. Of course I haven't paid any attention to the new books, so maybe there is something.

Huge thrawn fan, I saw go for it! Please keep us posted with progress

I was looking for a survival bag this past weekend getting ready for a hurricane making sure the batteries were good in the bag

while crawling under my stair way to find the bag, I bumped into a old box of comics. Found my thrawn trilogy, and continued digging. Found some dark empire stuff.. gonna do some reading

.. thrawn has always been the ep7 to me..

That might be it. I double checked the Survivor's Quest book (yeah I know old EU) and it just shows his head. Everything else shows his Grand Admiral uniform so that might be all from that period. Of course I haven't paid any attention to the new books, so maybe there is something.
Yeah, looking at the old EU books I have and I'm seeing the same thing. And I've seen no new art for the current Chiss trilogy that I have yet to read.

I guess that's what happens when you want to cosplay the exclusive variant cover version of a character lol

I really hope that Dave Filoni's long game is to do a Canon version of the Heir to the Empire trilogy. I know it's a pipe dream. But, I kind of keep seeing hints in that direction.

I think you'd have to do some pretty major surgery on it, though. By coinicidence, I'm in the midst of re-reading it... and even ignoring the Sequal Trilogy mismatches, there's a lot that doesn't work even with the prequels. Among the most obvious, the ideas that the clones were the bady guys in the Clone Wars, and that if you want to grow a clone faster than a "normal" person, you have to isolate them from the Force.

I think Filoni will pull in what he can, but the story as a whole would have to be so different that you might as well call it inspired by Xenghis Khan as Heir to the Empire.

jayperiod: I took a look at the Chiss armour from SW:TOR just in case the artist used it as a baseline, but it's pretty different. So I've no ideas for you, sorry!

I really hope that Dave Filoni's long game is to do a Canon version of the Heir to the Empire trilogy. I know it's a pipe dream. But, I kind of keep seeing hints in that direction.
i am praying for this... they are even hinting towards dark empire as well with all this cloning stuff

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back