Thor's Mjolnir in progress

oxfer

Hi there
This is my second prop, Thor's Hammer Mjolnir also comic's style, I love the comic book version, I think it is more "real" that it looks like something vikings would use, the movie version I don't know the style is too future look for me

but anyway, here are some in progress shots of my hammer

IMG189.jpg

This is my first hammer, I made it out of mdf, I made my blueprints on cad software based on many pictures from comics that I collected and then to shape it, you know, sand sand sand, check, check, check, and more sand sand sand

Behold.jpg

Here ir my hammer with some crappy lightening lol, but its just to show the scale when Im holding it

letras%20laser.jpg

I made some friend carve with laser the front text: Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of thor. and also was carved the runes legend on the top of the hammer

IMG201.jpg

After that I primed the whole thing, here is a shot trying to show both carvings

IMG222.jpg

Then when it was ready, I made the mold out of gelcoat and fiberglass, to cast a couple of this beauties

100_0952.JPG

And some days later here they are, father and son. lol. with a first layer of silver on them

IMG089.jpg

Here it is with some more paint on it, and Testing some leather straps on it

I'll post the final shots later, I'm really pleased with the finall piece, it is about 18 inches long and weights about 9.6 pounds, so it feels like the real deal, tell me what you think.

sorry for misspelled words, english is not my native language :thumbsup

UPDATE March 03 2012.

Here is the link to the finished Mjolnir, come check it out
http://www.therpf.com/f9/thors-mjolnir-finished-140843/

Last edited:
That looks pretty awesome right now, and I'll bet it'll look even better when it's finished. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

That's a great sanding job!! It makes the hammer really stand out. Also, at almost 10 pounds it'll really feel like you're wielding something substantial...good work!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back