Thor's hammer

AntarcticFrost

Over the past few months I've been looking at building Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer), I have done some seriously extensive research on the design of Mjolnir and variations of her. I've been purchasing a lot of tools (expensive) as well as reading every book, watching every video and getting every bit of knowledge about the tools as possible. I am now so very close to begin the physical work that I'm psyched to be starting this that I'm already posting about it.

Ive also been reading up as much as i can on the abilities of Thor's hammer and her many uses.

I have a 1:1 resin replica on its way so i can size everything up perfectly, my hammer is going to have some very unique qualities in the terms of real-world myth and legend.

So far I've bought the following:

> Electro-chemical etching machine,
> Electroplating machine
> Drill press
> Metal lathe/Milling machine
> Band saw
> Belt sander
> Disc sander
> Electric Furnace
> Mig welder
> Tap and die kit
> Nickel plating solutions
> Moulding equipment (for casting parts)
> Exposure lamp for silkscreen (for electro-chemical etching)
> 3D printer
> Printer for Vellum
> Steel ingots
> Oil quenching bath (hardening steel)

And many more parts/bits/consumables for the tools to work.

#dontaskwhatitcost #ispainfultothink

I guess basically what i wanted is to have this post there as the beginning of my journey when my posts start flowing.

I feel your pain. I'm already several hundred bucks into a plastic baseball bat (don't ask).

Never add up what you spend on your hobbies. You'll be happier that way.

I feel your pain. I'm already several hundred bucks into a plastic baseball bat (don't ask).

Never add up what you spend on your hobbies. You'll be happier that way.

If you bat involves a hero defined or discovered, you could easily make one out of resin mixed with solar charged glowing green dye powder. Magic is green, donchaknow.

Great to have all those tools, but learning to use them is the rest of the process. Invest in good gloves, eye and ear protection.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back