Thor: The Dark World. Mjolnir Question.

IKN0WKUNGFU

Hey all. long time lurker here on the RPF and I finally registered since I… Need your help.

So I am in the process of making some blues for my upcoming build of Mjolnir as it appears in the new movie.

View attachment Mjolnir Side + Handle copy.jpg

But I seem to have no skill at making Norse rune knots... things. So I was wondering if anyone had any resource images. (and yes I did use the search)
I am looking for PNG’s, brushes or any good shots of the hammer’s decorations n’ stuff.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Bump for opinions.

So I sat down and tried to draw out the decorative parts of the hammer and I need some feedback.

Mjolnir Hammer Knot.jpg
Mjolnir Pommel.jpg

Be kind it is only the first time in... years since I free hand drew anything.

I am talking with an engraving company to see how much it would set me back to have them laser cut, though the pommel knot's may pose a larger challenge since they have to wrap around.

here's what i used when i built mine, i bought one of the squishy thor hammers and held the knot-work up to my scanner, there are some places where its hard to tell where the lines separate, but the info is thereknot.jpg

I am working on that right now myself I should have it modeled in the next few days. I can send you a picture when it is done . I am going to have mine 3d printed. I have already done the top peace and its on shapeways if you want to take a look I havn't had it printed yet but it has passed all of the first set of tests.

Attachments

• Top of thor's hammer 2.png
    Top of thor's hammer 2.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 663
  • Top of thor's hammer 1.png
    Top of thor's hammer 1.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 477
Here are the runes as I figured them out from photos. I was going to look into getting them laser cut/engraved. With the hilt I was thinking about getting the runes cut flat, make the hilt as a separate piece and then attach a cast of the runes on.RunesBlackWhite.jpgFinalButtCapRunes.jpg

How do you intend to build yours?

I am working on that right now myself I should have it modeled in the next few days. I can send you a picture when it is done . I am going to have mine 3d printed. I have already done the top peace and its on shapeways if you want to take a look I havn't had it printed yet but it has passed all of the first set of tests.

Hey Obi,

Hopefully it's not too late, but if it is, no one else will probably ever notice. I think you have some of your runes mixed up. Looking at your first pic, starting at the 1 o'clock and going clockwise, it should read "He who weilds this hammer kommands the lightning and the storm" (there's no "c" in elder futhark). Yours reads, "He woh weields thheis hfmmeo kommaids the llghthisig aid the storm." I've never looked at the movie version close enough to see if they made the same mistake, I will now. Here's a link with a rune dictionary: Rune Meanings - The Elder Futhark

Hey Obi,

Hopefully it's not too late, but if it is, no one else will probably ever notice. I think you have some of your runes mixed up. Looking at your first pic, starting at the 1 o'clock and going clockwise, it should read "He who weilds this hammer kommands the lightning and the storm" (there's no "c" in elder futhark). Yours reads, "He woh weields thheis hfmmeo kommaids the llghthisig aid the storm." I've never looked at the movie version close enough to see if they made the same mistake, I will now. Here's a link with a rune dictionary: Rune Meanings - The Elder Futhark
Thanks dude I was aware thst these runes were wrong but I had already finished modeling it . I have done a different one and I am going to check to see if its right. When I first modled it I used a pic I found on this site. Later I learned it was wrong. After I had spent hours on blender .

Yeah, it's not a big deal anyway. I have a real nice one thay has it wrong too, just like the movie, and I love it. Yours will still be awesome.

Yeah, it's not a big deal anyway. I have a real nice one thay has it wrong too, just like the movie, and I love it. Yours will still be awesome.
Hey Dude i finally Got it Right. : Check this out. Well i think its right :)

Attachments

• Top Of Thors hammer Correct Runes .png
    Top Of Thors hammer Correct Runes .png
    112 KB · Views: 795
Hey Dude i finally Got it Right. : Check this out. Well i think its right :)

The letter you're using for the "t" in your "th" words, (this and the) is actually the double letter TH (it's Thor's letter). I would use it without the extra H letter, or use the actual T letter (looks like an arrow pointing up) with the H.

The letter you're using for the "t" in your "th" words, (this and the) is actually the double letter TH (it's Thor's letter). I would use it without the extra H letter, or use the actual T letter (looks like an arrow pointing up) with the H.
I see (said the Blind man to the Deaf Dog ) back to the drawing board. :)

I probably shouldn't have ever mentioned it. I've got to be driving you insane by now. :wacko
no dude it's cool i want it to be right. I had thought about that when i was working on it yesterday but i wasn't shore which would be the right was to spell it. now i know and everyone else on the RPF does to. :cool

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back