Thor Mk 3: Age of Ultron

6 finger wizard

Hey everyone, I thought id post some progress pics of my new Thor costume based on the Age of Ultron design, im using actual leather this time and these new tiles for the metallic bits on the armor, and parts of a giant christmas ornament for the rondels
IMG_20150120_014218.jpgIMG_20150122_021538.jpgIMG_20150122_025254.jpgIMG_20150128_014755.jpgIMG_20150220_000407.jpgIMG_20150220_000129.jpg
The boots ive been building off of a set of "funtasma" boots, they have maybe a little more heel than what i wanted but theyre looking pretty good.

YES! A Thor build, ok Man with the 6th finger, "My name is Anigo Montoya....you killed my father...prepare to die...!" HA! Sorry man I had to get that in there..... Looking forward to seeing your progress. The boots look cool so far, I'm interested in seeing how you apply the leather.

YES! A Thor build, ok Man with the 6th finger, "My name is Anigo Montoya....you killed my father...prepare to die...!" HA! Sorry man I had to get that in there..... Looking forward to seeing your progress. The boots look cool so far, I'm interested in seeing how you apply the leather.

I'm pretty sure it's "Inigo". :D

havent posted updates in a while, did a huge rush trying to get it done for Planet Comic Con, which turned out to be a massive bust, got burned out on the project and had to take a month off, now im just putting some more detail into it before AOU comes out.
Heres a close up of one of the rondels, i want to get it a little more metallic, darken the grooves on the edge
IMG_20150408_211637.jpg
Also updated Mjolnir
IMG_20150408_212602.jpg

Last edited:
DSCF0058.JPGDSCF0060.JPG
I need to get the rondels to match the other metal pieces better, do some more weathering, add the bead-work to the edges of the blue fabric.
Im hoping to wear it to a midnight showing of Age of Ultron, so if any other cosplayers are doing that in the colorado/kansas area let me know

Really great job on the costume! I'm doing a Thor build myself but I don't know how you do the side part of the armor. All of the reference pictures I've seen show it as a single upper piece. And the tutorials I've seen on EVA foam just shows the front piece and back piece and how it connects via a strap. How did you do the sides on your costume? Also what's the pattern for the back?

Looks awesome!!! Im also doing a thor AOU cosplay. Can you post a template of the armor. Also how are you doing the scales sleeves. That seems like the hardest part of the cosplay.

Here it is folks, its been much demanded and i finally delivered, copies of the template i used to make my Thor costume, drawn on an inch square graph and chopped up into print-size sheets
Image (2).jpgImage (3).jpgImage (4).jpgImage (5).jpgImage (6).jpg
Now these are only templates for the front of the chest, i may post more later depending. Im also soon going to upload a video to youtube explaining in depth how I made the costume and giving advice to anyone else making one

This is frickin' awesome man! I'm thinking of making my own soon, so if you would be so kind to post more of those templates I would be eternally grateful :) Can't wait to see the end result and that Youtube film!

I look forward to the posting of this youtube video. I'd love to figure out how to make this to look as smooth as yours. I did one out of vinyl with eva foam backing. More More More!

Hey man! I'm making a build of my own, but struggling with the sides :-S Have any more of those blueprints and/or did you make a Youtube film? If so, I could'nt find it... Any help would be great ;) You rock!

Hey man! I'm making a build of my own, but struggling with the sides :-S Have any more of those blueprints and/or did you make a Youtube film? If so, I could'nt find it... Any help would be great ;) You rock!

For reference pics i'd reccomend finding pictures of the "Hot Toys" Age of Ultron Thor, i drew up a sketch of the basic structure as ive figured, i dong know if it will help
IMG_20151125_245624615.jpg
As for the youtube video, i swear its coming guys,... but i'm trying to start up a successful (and hopefully lucrative) channel so im being a little picky about it, i'm on my fourth recording but as soon as i have it up ill have a link in this forum. Thanks for your patience.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back