Thor Costume (Pre Avengers) & Hammer!

Pep files would of been very handy but I though sod it and had a go myself. I thought I'd never be able to make this but with some good reference photos this is actually achievable!

Give it a go, you might suprise yourself!!

Im tempted to restart mine using cheapo camping mats now, I used 10mm thick industrial foam mats, and its not flexible enough :( where did you get your mats from? (im also in UK)

Im tempted to restart mine using cheapo camping mats now, I used 10mm thick industrial foam mats, and its not flexible enough :( where did you get your mats from? (im also in UK)

Hi
My mats came from a local cheap shop but I have seen them in asda and pound stretcher. They are either blue or green. Have you started a thread for your progress?

Re: Thor Costume & Hammer - HAMMER COMPLETE & ARMOUR PLASTI-DIPPED

I made a metallic shirt to resemble the armour sleeves...
iPhone428a.jpg

AND THEN I WENT OUT AND KICKED THE CRAP OF MY FRIEND CAPTAIN AMERICA!!!...
ThorvsCap.jpg

Ultimately I got the silver totally wrong for the discs on the chest, it really annoyed me but I did not have time to correct it for when I was due to wear it.

I live in the UK also, where did you get the metallic fabric? I can only find sequinned material :( and why did you feel that your silver discs were incorrect? I thought they looked amazing!

Well done though, it's a fantastic costume!:)

I live in the UK also, where did you get the metallic fabric? I can only find sequinned material :( and why did you feel that your silver discs were incorrect? I thought they looked amazing!

Well done though, it's a fantastic costume!:)

Thanks for your kind comments!

I wasn't happy with the paint finish, I was literally doing this the day before and on new years eve. I haven't revisited making it better yet but do plan on doing so.

As far as the fabric is concerned I got it from eBay, I hope this link works... http://bit.ly/POY4Zk my iPhone won't let me share the full address!

Are you attempting the costume?

Yeah I am, not quite in as much depth and detail as yourself as but as much to make it look less like the 'female Thor' costumes on the internet and fancy dress shops as possible!

That link did work! Thank you so much, I'll make sure it's express delivery so it's ready for Halloween!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back