This will be a day long remembered

jvasilatos

Sr Member
I haven't had a chance to dig in yet since I had it delivered to me at work, but I just wanted to thank Steve for getting this out finally despite the many challenges he has been dealing with.

Thanks Steve, I am looking forward to building this one up.

Any chances anyone can direct me to a decent off the shelf paint color to either spray or airbrush it with for an ANH tone?

JV

According to Steve, the real ANH TIE's were just light grey primer and darker gray detailing, black koolshade, with NO weathering of any kind done to it.

The color in the movie looks whitey blue is because of the studio lights making it look like that.

Lynn

Amazingly enough, for the ANH Ties try Wal Marts house brand colorplace grey primer as a base and for the darker details try Krylons equiptment Grey primer.

The Solar panels with real coolshade will be fine in the factory color, it has a glossy, semi gloss and flat reflection naturally when left that way, as per the originals. As for the cast wings, semigloss is the BEST comprimise IMHO.

Good luck.

Ryan

Don't be too jealous. I wasn't sent enough Kool Shade and am still waiting on a response for when I will so I can complete my wings along with some other details.

Originally posted by bobbyfett@Feb 11 2006, 07:52 PM
Congrats, JV.  I'm jealous.  Still waiting to hear on mine.  Ryan, could you or Steve PM or e-mail me my status?  Thanks.. :)
[snapback]1181908[/snapback]​

Originally posted by jvasilatos+Feb 15 2006, 12:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jvasilatos @ Feb 15 2006, 12:10 AM)</div>
Don't be too jealous.  I wasn't sent enough Kool Shade and am still waiting on a response for when I will so I can complete my wings along with some other details.

<!--QuoteBegin-bobbyfett
@Feb 11 2006, 07:52 PM
Congrats, JV.  I'm jealous.  Still waiting to hear on mine.  Ryan, could you or Steve PM or e-mail me my status?  Thanks.. :)
[snapback]1181908[/snapback]​
[snapback]1184482[/snapback]​
[/b]

SWFAN/Bobbyfett: Steve should have contacted you both already. If not, we had another failure on the Hero wing star mold and it is being reworked every night, even as I type this. Keep in mind the weather is nice and cold right now, and Steves garage is the less than ideal temp so its taking a lot longer for everything from the fiberglass shell to the rubber to cure up. Kerosene heater and heatgun not withstanding.

Jvasilatos: I talked to Steve about this, and I know the replacment koolshade is on order and should be enroute to him. There is not much we can do until it gets here from overseas, and since it was ordered originally as 2 x 6 sheets and they sent us 1 x 6 sheets we never even though to open the tubes, why should we, we ordered 2x6 and why risk damaging it to verify, though now we know to check it. I'm sure as soon as its here it'll be on it way to you.

To all: I have limited connectivity right now, that virus running around that eats the windows system file and keeps windows from booting got through my virus protection this week and I'm currently running KNOPPIX, a CD Bootable version of LINUX so I can at least rcecover my HD's before reformatiing and reinstalling windows. I should be back up and running online again in the next week or so when I have some free time in the evening that isn't taken up with work stuff or casting stuff to finish getting everything done I need to before the big FORMAT C:. So, in the meantime, Pm or post away but give me a few days to respond OK?

Ryan

Originally posted by belleauwood@Feb 16 2006, 05:18 PM
SWFAN/Bobbyfett:  Steve should have contacted you both already. If not, we had another failure on the Hero wing star mold and it is being reworked every night, even as I type this.  Keep in mind the weather is nice and cold right now, and Steves garage is the less than ideal temp so its taking a lot longer for everything from the fiberglass shell to the rubber to cure up. Kerosene heater and heatgun not withstanding.

Jvasilatos:  I talked to Steve about this, and I know the replacment koolshade is on order and should be enroute to him.  There is not much we can do until it gets here from overseas, and since it was ordered originally as  2 x 6 sheets and they sent us  1 x 6 sheets we never even though to open the tubes, why should we, we ordered 2x6 and why risk damaging it to verify, though now we know to check it.  I'm sure as soon as its here it'll be on it way to you.

To all:  I have limited connectivity right now, that virus running around that eats the windows system file and keeps windows from booting got through my virus protection this week and I'm currently running KNOPPIX, a CD Bootable version of LINUX so I can at least rcecover my HD's before reformatiing and reinstalling windows. I should be back up and running online again in the next week or so when I have some free time in the evening that isn't taken up with work stuff or casting stuff to finish getting everything done I need to before the big FORMAT C:.  So, in the meantime, Pm or post away but give me a few days to respond OK?

Ryan
[snapback]1186513[/snapback]​

Ryan/Steve:

When I paid for my Hero my screen name was isd804. It is now imaginager.

Steve, thanks for getting in touch.

Allan

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back