This is what a "Holy Grail" looks like - Working DS Pistol - Logan's Run

Tatooine_Todd

Sr Member
Thanks to a member here, I was finally able to acquire #1 on my Grail list - A working Logan's Run DS Pistol.

This is a Rylo DS Pistol.

I have been grinning ear to ear since the mailman left!! It is a thing of beauty.
Rylo DS Pistol - Logans Run.jpg

Have you fired it yet :)

Not yet. The really sad thing is that I recently sold my house and bought a condo, so I am packing up my collection getting ready for the move date. I got to play with it yesterday, but not fire it.

I'll be building my new home theater in my new place, so it may not come out of storage until June or July.

Having a bit of trouble finding total length of the main barrel.
I've seen a bunch of pic's and read a fair amount of information, but haven't been able to lock down the dimensions. :(

Congratulations!

I picked up one of Rylo's year's ago. RIght from the Man himself. It's on my "NEVER SELL" list for certain.

As to your observations about the various colors of flame from the film, from what I remember, the green flame scene's had a chemical added to the mix. Might have been welding flux or something similar. Anyway, what I remember more was the observation by members with more knowledge that I have, cool look but extremely hard on the internals. So I've always just loaded and fired mine the way Rylo suggested. The sound and the flame are so friggin' impressive.

Good luck with the move and congratulations again.

Cheers,

Ted.

Correct it was jet flux iirc and that stuff eats up the valve

The quality of your Calcium Carbide will determine what they Flame looks like

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back