This is Jim Rockford, at the tone....

Unfortunately, this was one of Prop Replicator's prize projects. He gave me the info on the machine, and I actually found one for him about 2 years ago. Can't remember what it was, but it was big.

He did some great Rockford files props... like the drivers license and the yellow pages ad. Great stuff. Amazing craftsmanship. I remember he was working on the Gilligans Island radio, but I am not surprised to hear that he had nailed down the Rockford answering machine.

-Bryan

I KNOW this is a massive necro-post, (this is the ONLY result for 'rockford files answering machine'), but I've been looking for Jim's answering machine for quite a while now. :)

I believe the original was an Ansafone 660, (it was a Dictaphone model/brand, Ansafone, that is). I've recently acquired an Ansafone 640, (different color & top-side logo), which is structurally/visually identical other than color. Gonna' try to free up some space in the internals to have the play button randomly play the messages from Jim's machine, from the show. :D

Last edited:
It is a dictaphone remote ansaphone 660 used in the show.

And now I can't get the theme song out of my head.

If anyone needs to do research I found the show is on Netflix.

:) -- Best place, at this point, to capture the answering machine messages...& do research --- agreed.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a dictaphone remote ansaphone 660 used in the show.

And now I can't get the theme song out of my head.

Thanks for the confirmation! :)

...& that stuck-song thing happens to me more often than I'd like to admit. THE most frustrating one for me is - ANY time I think of turning up the heat during the winter - getting "Hot Girls In Love" by 'Loverboy' stuck in my head. I really don't need that. :D

:) -- Best place, at this point, to capture the answering machine messages...& do research --- agreed.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the confirmation! :)

...& that stuck-song thing happens to me more often than I'd like to admit. THE most frustrating one for me is - ANY time I think of turning up the heat during the winter - getting "Hot Girls In Love" by 'Loverboy' stuck in my head. I really don't need that. :D
I have a cure, but it is worse than the disease.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back