Thinking to use propstore, any good? selling my complete stargate serpent guard

MXM

Jr Member
Finally completed my Stargate Jaffa serpent guard and thinking to sell it on propstore.com anyone here dealt with them? if so what was your experience? Thought I'd ask here before making the decision. The Jaffa is complete and wondering what I should ask them to buy it ? or how does it work? Do they make outright purchases or is it consignment? and what should I ask for it if they buy it?
It's complete with helmet, staff weapon, costume with all armor and soft parts, zat gun, zat gun holster, dagger and dagger sheath, transport ring activation device that attaches to the right gauntlet and COA's from propworx.
Can anyone suggest a good asking price? I know I have over 8000 in it and I know I wont get nearly that full amount back and will be happy with half that :lol

Last edited:
They buy outright as well... For both their own personal (or company) collections, or to resell at a later date.

Consignment I suspect is the most common way though.
They also did a live auction recently, and may have plans to do more.

I'd just get in touch with them and ask to chat about it... Can't hurt.

A complete jaffa costume with the helmet? This is what I've been looking for! Is it one coa or a bunch of coa's? I would love to see some pictures ;)

I have a load of screen used BSG, Sunshine and Event Horizon stuff and have been wondering the best place to sell myself......

Will follow this thread with interest!

Hi MXM,

Prop Store would be happy to connect with you on your Stargate costume. I would recommend emailing our Los Angeles store general manager about your piece at danhill@propstore.com - I recommend including photos of your piece and any additional info

You can either consign your piece through Prop Store or sell it outright. Dan would be happy to discuss it with you further.

very best,

Brian
Researcher / Copy Writer
Prop Store Los Angeles

For what it is worth, I buy and sell through Prop Store often. They are GREAT to deal with. Great communication. Great service. All around good people.

I have to say I agree with Art in that Propstore is a great group of guys and they have top tier customer service. Dan and Brandon at the LA store are great, and Stephen and Tim for the overseas crowd are great as well.

Since Propworx did the original Stargate auctions, and probably has the biggest list of Stargate collectors, you may want to contact them. They just did a bang up job on their Star Trek auction, getting the highest prices on some costumes I have ever seen.

WARNING!
Having saw this thread, I was interested in the costume and messaged the seller. We agreed a price and I paid via Paypal two weeks ago, having been promised that it would ship on Wednesday 4th March. On 4th he said it had been dropped off at FedEx but had to be repackaged so would ship on 5th. I asked for the tracking both times but he never provided it. I asked again and he said he would get it the next day and then Saturday. Every time I asked for the tracking details, no details came back except that it would be with me on 16th. After he ignored my request for the tracking details each and every time, I opened up a case with Paypal to encourage him to provide the tracking details but yet again he failed to provide them. I've bought and sold many items and the tracking details are a means of proving that a parcel has been posted and is on its way. By not providing them, there can be no conclusion but that he has lied throughout so the purpose of this post is to prevent anyone else being ripped off by this dishonest crook. My next step is going to be to contact the police with regard to this as I consider this to be fraud and even if I get my money back, I will still endeavour to start the ball rolling with the police so if you are based in the US and have any contact details of who I would go to to report such fraud, please feel free to PM me and I will of course treat it with 100% discretion.

WARNING!
Having saw this thread, I was interested in the costume and messaged the seller. We agreed a price and I paid via Paypal two weeks ago, having been promised that it would ship on Wednesday 4th March. On 4th he said it had been dropped off at FedEx but had to be repackaged so would ship on 5th. I asked for the tracking both times but he never provided it. I asked again and he said he would get it the next day and then Saturday. Every time I asked for the tracking details, no details came back except that it would be with me on 16th. After he ignored my request for the tracking details each and every time, I opened up a case with Paypal to encourage him to provide the tracking details but yet again he failed to provide them. I've bought and sold many items and the tracking details are a means of proving that a parcel has been posted and is on its way. By not providing them, there can be no conclusion but that he has lied throughout so the purpose of this post is to prevent anyone else being ripped off by this dishonest crook. My next step is going to be to contact the police with regard to this as I consider this to be fraud and even if I get my money back, I will still endeavour to start the ball rolling with the police so if you are based in the US and have any contact details of who I would go to to report such fraud, please feel free to PM me and I will of course treat it with 100% discretion.

Warning to sellers

Yo Troll, you clearly dont understand laws. I have over 470+'s on ebay from selling. You accusation of fraud is a JOKE. Let me correct this fools above statement.
1. Troll contacted me in regards to the costume, I replied.
2. He requested proof of coa's , which I took a photo and provided which was no problem at all for me to do.
3. He then asked again after he got the photos for screen caps of the costume being used as he could not "remember" golden costumes (evidently not a sg1 fan)
So I took it as he doubted me even after I sent photos of TWO COA's from prop store of london and one from Legends memorabilia.
4. I sent him a screen cap of a gold costume I found online, he then doubted and requested me to find more
5. I found another one (Mind you its not MY responsibility to look for screen caps to prove its screen used as I have the COA's with holograms stating these were screen used in production)
6. I found him some screen grabs and provided the links, he then said ok we have a deal.
7. Asked me when I could ship out, I replied Wednesday as that was my day off.
8. Worked called me in wednesday morning and I could not ship it on that day HOWEVER I made it to a local privately owned shipping center (they pack and ship, usps, fedex and ups as well as print and have mail boxes there you rent)
9. The shipper called me and said due to the insurance of $4400 they would need to repack it properly as everything was close to the box edges the way I had it (which was the same boxes that stuff arrived to me in) so they said they will try to get it repackaged and ready for fedex pickup at 530pm
10. I told troll this is what was going on, keep in mind every two hours troll would email me from the time he paid to that day and I replied to each and every message.
11. The same evening on Wednesday the shipper called me and told me the repacking fee was additional 230.00 and the shipping was 77.00 more than what I charged troll, told troll this and not once did he offer to compensate, ok fine, my loss.
12. I work 12 to 14 hours a day driving, troll knows this and I told him it was shipped. He asked for tracking numbers which I didnt know yet because the shipper didnt call me and was my fault I didn't get a chance to call them back before closing. Called the next day and they couldn't find my transaction so I had to wait. I did pay for the extra charges with my credit card over the phone while sitting in Burger King eating my lunch.
13. The weekend came, spent the time with my family and away from the computer. I called the shipper on saturday and they (my guess was their weekend help as its operated by a Mom and her daughter) told me Monday the manager would be able to get the information I needed.
14. During this time, troll is living on the rpf messaging system sending pms upon pms. and I had told him I would get the tracking info on monday.
15. Monday came and after working 15 hours that day I came home, my kid was already asleep, I fell asleep on the sofa. Tuesday I was off work and I would get the tracking info my going to the shipper that morning.
16. At 130am that morning troll asks for tracking numbers and threatened to file a paypal claim (this is less than a week that he sent payment!) I am sleeping at that time and no way to reply as I am SLEEPING
17, troll gets mad because I dont reply at 1:30am and opens a claim at 6:20am, (I dont get out of bed until 6:55am March 10)
18. I see the email on my phone about this and I verified it he did in fact file a claim, I got called into work at 7:30 (shipper doesnt open until 8:30am) I went to work as requested for a few hours. Troll then escalates the claim. I log into paypal to add the tracking numbers and since the claim was escalated I could not add that information so I called paypal
19. Paypal rep tells me the buyer escalated the dispute to a claim, She asked did I ship the items and I said "yes, two boxes " she asked what method and I told her Fedex. She then informed me that since this was a claim that their was no way I could prevent the international buyer from receiving the items AND keeping the money from the claim that was filed since I didnt put the tracking numbers in the transaction details, but I had them in my hand, gave them to her, she went online and seen it tracked to "outbound sorting" in New Jersey and said since the latest tracking information shows they haven't left the USA that I could try to call Fedex and have them redirected back to me. So I dont know troll, he is international, She scared me into thinking that I could not only lose the 4400.00 but also the items. I told her since he filed a claim and its under paypal review now he is still asking for tracking numbers and she told me NOT to provide that information as she asked me did I want to transfer funds to my payapal account to bring up the negative balance and I said yes. Based on her advice I called Fedex IMMEDIATLEY after the call and was able to have those items redirected back to the shipper outlet. Last few days troll has been asking me for tacking numbers even AFTER I told him last week I was redirecting the packages back. Paypal said the buyer and/or seller can have those packages sent to either party. So I haven't given the tracking numbers as the boxes are still in transit to me.
Paypal will close the claim wednesday or thursday and will rule in his favor and he will be refunded. BTW, I did ask if the claim wasnt settled by the time my transfer was in my paypal account could I just send the buyer the money she said . DO NOT! He could keep the money i sent and also get the money back from the claim. So based on paypals advice in this matter for SELLER PROTECTION I followed their policy to the letter!
and Troll, once paypal closes that claim your money will be back in your account as they put that money on hold. so I fail how you or anyone can say this is fraud. Your getting your guaranteed money back from paypal, I now cancelled the deal with you , your sore about it and want to cry fraud. You do live up to your username....troll.

20. I will not reply to you at all nor argue with you troll and my next reply will be on this thread stating paypal closed the claim and issued troll a refund.

I would like to express that due to my heavy work schedule it was ENTIRELY my fault for not going directly to fedex and using a 3rd party shipped and all this could have probably been avoided. Lesson learned for me and troll, I'm really sorry this didn't work out your money is tied up in the paypal claim you filed and will be released back to you, no fraud has been committed , I don't owe you anything but an apology and I'm saying sorry about this. Your money will be refunded when paypal completes the review on Wednesday or Thursday. Not sure which day , they have the funds on hold and I cant send them even if I wanted to and at the advice of paypal and trust me I want this claim over.

Update: Just checked paypal. Paypal says case will be closed March 20th (Friday) so not Wednesday or Thursday as I said earlier. So Friday he gets his money back

Last edited:
Even if you were trying to defraud him, if he gets his money back, the police won't even talk to him. Hi lost nothing, no harm done, we don't care. (I've tried it. The 'trying to prevent it from happening to others' logic is just something they don't care about for small claims. (Small being anything under 6 figures)).

Since you can file a PayPal claim 90 (or maybe it's 180 now) days after the transaction, I would have waited a little longer, especially knowing the time international shipping would take... But in the end the buyer gets his money back, seller gets the props back... Annoying maybe, but no one lost anything... (Actually, the seller had a bigger right to complain in my eyes since he shelled out a few hundred extra dollars for shipping...)

Some of what you say is true, some is a lie. The fact of the matter is that I paid on the Sunday, you said you would ship on Wednesday and would send the tracking numbers. You didn't. You then said it had to be repacked so would send the tracking Thursday. You didn't. You said it had shipped Thursday so why wouldn't you have the tracking details? Friday... no tracking details. You said you would get them on Saturday and then no details. I rang FedEx to do a search to see if anything was on its way to me from the US. They found nothing and said I needed the tracking details or the shipper's name and address. I asked you for those details. Again, you ignored this request. By this time, alarm bells are ringing. I filed a dispute with Paypal on Monday to prompt you to add the tracking numbers to Paypal which would then prove that it was on the way. You chose not to and just send a rude and unhelpful message with no tracking details which to me confirmed that you had not shipped so I escalated to a claim. Why would Paypal say to not provide the tracking numbers? If it was posted on the 5th, FedEx said that they have no service that would be delivered on 16th (several different FedEx workers said this. Also, when I filed the dispute, your first message was that you were going straight down to FedEx to get the parcel redirected back to you... How could you get straight down there if you work such long hours? You clearly have lied from the start and this attempted fraud will be reported to the relevant authorities. Even is nothing comes of it, at least I will have tried to at least prevent someone else being ripped off by you and your dishonest methods.

sent troll a message. he still can buy the costume and props AFTER the paypal case closes on friday and his money is refunded.
this time i added the correct shipping charges and repacking of the boxes to ensure a safe travel. Up to him if he still wants it.

Things got messy quick. lol

Back to the topic of discussion. The first few posts in this sub-forum kinda had me sold on consigning a few of my items, but then out of no where you are selling privately. Was there a reason you opted to sell privately instead of through the Prop Store?

Oooh and If i am adding my two cents regarding the drama-

sounds like the seller was dragging his feet and not making his $Big Sale$ a priority, While at the same time- the buyer was also being incredibly vocal and impatient through this process. While waiting the buyer probably started getting cold feet about the sum of money and the item . Buyers remorse perhaps?

*either way as a seller I stipulate that shipping can occur within 3 days of cleared payment, this alots for the time needed to prep shipment, and if more time is needed I make it clear during the transaction.
* I've suffered from buyers remorse the longer i have to wait on an item. I wouldn't report the seller unless i had legitimate reason to worry since paypal and ebay have buyer protection.
* Additionally, as a buyer i'd be a little more patient. if something required a week to process and ship i would like to know that ahead of time but in the end it's no biggie. Especially when you consider how some auction houses make you wait 6-8 weeks before shipment.

Sounds over all like poor communication on both ends. It's a shame. I hate to see interactions like this but i always try to learn from the mistakes of others, so in that sense- Thank you both. lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back