thinking of going to chi town expo.....

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by crusher38, Jan 27, 2012.

1. crusher38

crusher38 Member

are there any black characters i could be at a comicon? im 6 feet tall and built like a football player. the last thing i wanted to do was show up as another character who isnt screen accurate lol.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ghadrack

Ghadrack Sr Member

Built like a football player, from the Marvel Universe I think Power Man, Luke Cage, would be relatively easy to get a costume put together for too because with a few exceptions over the years they haven't been too complicated.

I can't post pics from work but you can get info from the Marvel site. He's a regular in Daredevil so i've kept up with him for many years.

3. crusher38

crusher38 Member

wow ok cool,thanks a bunch. i was gonna go for balrog.......but im not mr shredded muscles and then some people wouldnt get it. im more like a linebacker so i guess powerman would be a better fit.

thanks for the help,dude :)

4. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

70's Power Man would be awesome. Be sure whatever you do, take photos and post them!

5. mosarmini

mosarmini Active Member

Cole Train! :D

6. infymys

infymys Sr Member

Luke Cage would be awesome. And depending on how elaborate you want to get, there's always the John Stewart version of Green Lantern, Blade, the screen/Ultimate Marvel Nick Fury and Spawn.

And Chicago Expo you say? I assume you're talking about C2E2 or maybe even ACen? Interested in what you decide to do and maybe I'll see you at either one!

7. Chaank

Chaank Well-Known Member

Road Block from the mew G.I.Joe.

8. crusher38

crusher38 Member

lol im not mr muscles, bulky but not a fat *. i just watched resident evil.....so maybe payton wells?

9. crusher38

crusher38 Member

i was under the impression there was only one comic expo in chicago, im fairly new to the scene but thank you for letting me know the names.

that'd be cool to meet up for sure,man.

10. crusher38

crusher38 Member

WOW!! i think i just found my character for any con i go to. thanks! it's perfect

11. infymys

infymys Sr Member

C2E2 and Wizard World are the main cons in the Chicago area when it comes to comics. Anime Central (ACen) is what the name implies. More geared for the anime fan but you'll see just about every type of cosplay there and it's one of the biggest cons in the Midwest.

12. Contec

Contec Master Member

13. mosarmini

mosarmini Active Member

Show us some picturees, judgind by your description of yourself you'd be perfect for the cole train, good luck :)

14. Java

Java Sr Member

Hardware was a cool character under the DC Milestone brand

15. crusher38

crusher38 Member

that would be terrible to show up in........

16. crusher38

crusher38 Member

ok i got another idea. alot of people wont get it unless i add a facial appliance to put it over the top.

Queeg from terminator: the sarah connor chronicles. :cool