Thinking about adding a predator head to my existing costume...

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
As many of you know, I put together Royce costume for Comic Con and while more people recognized it than I expected, I think the lack of a Predator made it look like just another army dude. I am thinking about wearing it again next year (hopefully it will be FULLY complete by then), but want to add a Predator element to the costume (without having to depend on someone else in a Predator costume).

Since Royce kills the Berserker Predator at the end of Predators, I initially thought about lashing a badly chopped and hack up Berserker bio to the back of the tactical vest.

However, I wonder if even the bio would get immediate recognition, so I was thinking, what if I got a Berseker head, (since he was decaptiated) and put huge axe marks in it and lashed THAT to the back of the vest?

Would that just be lame and/or silly or do you think that would work and help make the costume more identifiable?

I think adding the Berserker head will bring it all together. Maybe have the Berserker head attached to the belt by his dreads??

To be quite honest, I don't think Royce is the kind of guy to do something like that, he's too collected and pragmatic to carry around trophies like chopped off heads. Unless he got some immediate use out of them, that is. A bio would work for him, with all the gimmicks inside and all. But that's just me.

To be quite honest, I don't think Royce is the kind of guy to do something like that, he's too collected and pragmatic to carry around trophies like chopped off heads. Unless he got some immediate use out of them, that is. A bio would work for him, with all the gimmicks inside and all. But that's just me.

That is my thought exactly when it comes to Royce's character. The bio might be useful (he already saw Noeland making use of one), but in this instance I have to temper the fictional character of Royce with the practicality of being easily recognized by fans at a convention.

The bio would definitely be easier and more practical and would work well with the character, but would it be enough to make ROyce more easily identifiable?

Haha... nah, I am good with the AA-12, unless someone were able to get an axe cast from original.

No axe, I'm sad now
stitchsad.gif

but good luck!

Personally, I think the bio would would be just as recognizable as a head to anyone with knowledge of Predators. You either know what it is or you don't. If a person is unaware of the bio, is the head going to be any more recognizable? I think either way you're still going to end up with the, "Who are you supposed to be" and "From what movie is that head? Is that a new Xbox game?" Personally, I'd go with the bio; seems easier to carry around all day. Hell, you could even hide a small backpack behind it to carry **** around...

Thanks for your thoughts and comments guys. Bio it will be! Great... now this thread is in the wrong section because I really thought it would be the head, not the bio.

On the whole axe thing, I'd like to think differently, but I just don't have the build to pull off the shirtless Royce and I LOVE the AA-12 so I'd prefer that to the axe.

P90X it up dude! lol

no i know what you mean, the shotgun is badass. i could imagine the feeling walking around carrying that.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back