Thigh Gaurd armor from AVP Armor Templates

VinMan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is my latest installment of armor pieces from my AVP Armor Templates in the Huntorial section

Thigh Gaurds

Cut from Sintra, Plasti-dip Primered, Hammered Metal Spray Paint, washed in gloss black, and finished with Silver Rub and Buff Metallic Cream Paste

shin_gaurds.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great finish you've achieved there. Have to agree with Uratz that Dremelling is a total pain but as you've proved, results are worth it and the pieces will last a hell of a lot longer than foamies.

IF I were to do it I do it once(dremeling!) do some clay sculpt on it and make molds as a master. Then cast it twice.
Hmm I may just do that! Thanks for the inspiration...

IF I were to do it I do it once(dremeling!) do some clay sculpt on it and make molds as a master. Then cast it twice.
Hmm I may just do that! Thanks for the inspiration...

thanks for the kind words. I've got nothing but huge respect for the sculpts and casting you do. It is some of the most respectable work on the Lair.

If only I had time to sculpt and cast more. I was lucky to find the time to do one Bio let alone a series of them. It's tough when you balance your art with work and little kids running around needing a ride here there and every where.

Love to see you work up some armor. Always seems to be a lot of interest in it.

later VinMan

dude can you buy sintra from local stores? i think i may try it because it sounds like it works well. thanks and the thighs look pretty dang good i hope mine will turn out like urs!

dude can you buy sintra from local stores? i think i may try it because it sounds like it works well. thanks and the thighs look pretty dang good i hope mine will turn out like urs!

Look in your phone book for sheet plastic suppliers. Sign makers use Sintra all the time. It's only around $15-20 for an 8'x4' sheet.

Look in your phone book for sheet plastic suppliers. Sign makers use Sintra all the time. It's only around $15-20 for an 8'x4' sheet.
I got a ton of smaller pieces that work great from a local sign company. They were going to throw it out so I got it free!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back