Thief 2014 Reboot " Claw " WIP

Ruskin

thief__2014_claw_wip_by_ruskin69-d76913f.jpg Claw.png

Here is my WIP of the " Claw " grappling tool from the upcoming Thief reboot.It's all made in mild steel.

Attachments

• blog_claw150.png
    blog_claw150.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 734
Last edited:
thats pretty awesome! i did one but i used aluminum and tig welded most spots and added rivets for show.
i also had to push the blades in a bit so that it would fit better into the holster being made for it.
can't wait to see more pics from you

IMAG0919.jpg

Hey guys. Yes it's all mild steel. Nice job on that one. I know what you mean about the barbs getting caught on the holster. I must admit I'm a bit worried about the large barbs and how they might catch. Even when they're retracted, the small spike at the top sticks out the side. Oh well, I guess we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
Here are some updates. Not that much more to show, I've added all three lower barbs and the articulation ( roughly to check that it worked ) and I'm taking a small break from it now to try some arrow samples.
1.jpg2.jpgarrow.jpg3.jpg

Thanks - It was a lot of work - I'm busy building a semi working Phantom Blade for the Assassin's Creed, so Ive got my work cut out for me!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back