They Live... Busting Ghosts?

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just got back from a theatrical screening of the John Carpenter movie "They Live". I was surprised to see the Ghostbusters PKE meter prop was reused for this movie. I never noticed it before. Am I the only one on the planet that didn't know? Below are some captures...

they_live1.jpg

24c8wnm.jpg

No one can know everything. That prop, which I heard was called the Butterfly, can also be seen in Suburban Commando with Hulk Hogan and Christopher Lloyd. It was created and rented out by Modern Props. I got to hold it once during a tour of their warehouse around 1985-1986. A friend and I were invited based on the quality and accuracy of the Proton Packs we'd built and were wearing at a SoCal convention of some sort.

Shawn Marshall
Portland, Oregon

I've personally known about it for a few years now. It was a rental item, so there are a few more.

Oddly enough, it was also in another movie starring a wrestler... Suburban Commando with Hulk Hogan.

I also saw it on an episode of the Fall Guy in the 80's, wielded by Vincent Schiavelli.

381686_132469776866594_566340754_n.jpg

392026_132469643533274_2052584612_n.jpg

Alex

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back