These people are idiots.

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Are these people just stupid? Cant they just LOOK and see that they aren’t the same gloves? No WE know that they are split leather cuffs and goatskin bottoms welding gloves. I don’t expect them to know that.

“However, after long hours freeze-framing footage in the films in the original trilogy, we can, with tentative confidence, assert that these are the same style as the gloves worn by Luke Skywalker in the opening scenes of The Empire Strikes Back (1980).”

Seriously, how stupid are they?

Whatever do you guys mean, “not even close”??

Why, the provenance, alone, is as solid as it gets:

The Star Wars Gloves are a bit of a mystery. They have been part of the Glove Collection for as long as anyone can remember; but no one quite knows where they came from, or indeed how they were acquired.

As luck would have it, my family also has a glove from Star Wars; only this one is from Return of the Jedi...

yeah, it’s one of the ones that Darth Vader wore in his final duel with Luke. It comes complete with a Lightsaber prop. If you freeze-frame the movie, you can’t miss it.

5C2269CD-F01F-4AC8-8A84-ADCAA48E72FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anybody want to inform them with correct pics? I’d do it but I can’t do it without insulting them.
The reason this upsets me is I get the feeling they just want to say they have a valuable piece of history. I don’t think they are prepared to be challenged.

Does anybody want to inform them with correct pics? I’d do it but I can’t do it without insulting them.
The reason this upsets me is I get the feeling they just want to say they have a valuable piece of history. I don’t think they are prepared to be challenged.

I usually am most receptive to feedback that starts out in this way:

“Let me first start by saying, you’re an idiot...”

I recommend sending a message to them that starts out that way.

Last edited:
I usually am most receptive to feedback they starts out in this way:

“Let first start by saying, you’re an idiot...”

I recommend sending a message to them that starts out that way.
I know! That’s why I don’t want to send the message!

I'd like to point out that often Lucasfilm gets details wrong on replicas and they have access to the real items and tons of reference photos. So...
That's probably done on purpose. Back when they were doing prop drawings in the old Star Trek magazine, I read that the Artists were instructed to make them incorrect on purpose.

David.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back