Thermoformable Plastics in Australia???

Rinzler

Hey all, any Australian members here know where you can get thermoformable plastics (for heat-vacuforming) specifically for visors atm (looking for heavily tinted and clear), can't really find anywhere local :S

I picked up a 1m*1m roll of 2mm PVC from bunnings for around $30, it formed the dome visor shape to my guy daft punk helmet nicely. check out my thread for pics of the visors. It holds the shape well. I'll post the brand name when i get home, the rolls are down in the roof sheet plastic section. It can be cut with a household scissors as well.

Cheers JERRY, I am about 100m from a Bunnings and I visit regularly, just never seen it and the teen staff there seem very uninterested or even knowledgable when I ask for this stuff, but roofing section is somewhere I didn't think to look.

no worries mate, yeah it has a light blue plastic film over it. once you unroll it the plastic wants to roll back up so i used weights to keep it down flat for cutting, once heated it keeps its new shape. I couldn't find the brandname sorry.
Good luck

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back