Theory On How Predators Smell

icyone

Having no visible noses, how do you think the Predators smell? I just read the Aliens vs Predator Prey novel and it says on more than one occasion that they can smell.

What if they smell using their facial hair? Not the dreads, but the other shorter hair. Similar to how insects use their antennas to pick up scents.

What do you think?

Ahaha, this topic is just begging for the old 'my dog has no nose' joke, but because I'm really not that silly I'll leave it.

Interesting, never noticed that they had little nostrils before. I am now peering at all the Pred pictures I've got saved on my computer looking for them! And, strangely, I can find no evidence of them on Berserker's ugly mug. Hm. Curious.

HAAAHAHHAAAA, exactly what i thought and i think it works better here Lady Zero!
Terrrible!!! how does predator smell?> he smells terrible

Not too sure about the nasal holes on the top lip but being basically reptilian I'd imagine they would smell by passing scent over the jacobson's organ in the roof of the mouth

Not too sure about the nasal holes on the top lip but being basically reptilian I'd imagine they would smell by passing scent over the jacobson's organ in the roof of the mouth

Look the P2 movie, you can cleary sees that it's moves when he is breathing.

poor quality but look @ 8:24 and you will see it.

Look the P2 movie, you can cleary sees that it's moves when he is breathing.

poor quality but look @ 8:24 and you will see it.

Yes I know what you mean but biologiacally speaking nostrils dont mean scent reception. Snakes have nostrils which they use for breathing but use their tongues (to take scent to their jacobsons organ)

They probably smell like wet old dirty rugs. Hehe...i think we should ask arnie and danny cause they got too close to them.

Does a predator has a tonque? Well i never have seen 1......

Yep they do. There is a gif of the P2 tongue here:
349bgiw.gif

On a related note the P2 head puppet looks crazy realistic. Everything from the subtle facial and mandible movements to the realistic veins on his upper "gums".

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back