TheCap's Captain America Shield(s)

Re: TheCap's Captain America Shield rep.

Is it a seperate frame that is jb welded onto the inside of the shield? TheCap, what is the purpose of the center hole?

yeah the bracket is a whole seperate part, the center hole is just part of the spinning process, the flat circle of metal is slid onto a rod, and then its spun and "pushed" backwards. its a very awesome process to watch.The center hole will be covered up by the star whenever i can find someone to cut my star for me. in the movie and the pics i posted it looks like the bracket is 3 parts i guess,but it could be some weird lighting cause of the bend in the metal. the final version is one whole solid bracket though.

the center hole is only needed as a center point to measure from for the groove lines when they are machined. Spinnings can be done with out the center hole as well but the grooves would be much more difficult. Bracket is one piece.

Doing the star as a separate piece on top was my idea and design to keep the cost down while achieving a similar look to the film shield.

I most certainly can. I spent many hours figuring out what I was going to do for the front star to give the movie look. And it's all documented in my thread. I was the first to do it for this style design, no else had thought of it before and no other shields before mine had a star that mounted on top instead of grooved to give the movie look. Now I'm seeing a few folks copy the idea. To compare the star to a grip is apples to oranges. Shields have always had grips, they've haven't always had stars mounted on top.

And go to your spinning machine shops website, you'll see most of their spinnings in their images do not have a center hole. :)

dude, you're crazy, go troll your own thread and stay off mine, there's no way in hell you can claim that frontal star addition as your idea, there are billions of people on this planet and you're not the only person thats made shields so get over yourself. you may have been the first person on this forum to post the addition, but it wasnt your idea.

also yeah i see the spinnings with no center hole, cool. like i said previously i've never seen it done without one.

excuse me? How am I crazy? Did the movie shield have a top mount star? No, did anyone else's shield have a top mount star? No, I came up with the idea as documented on my thread months ago, and no one had come up with it before. Of all the billions of people on this planet and those who are making shields, no one else came up with the idea. Hell, you even asked me if I could make one for you. This is why I am hesitant to share ideas on forums such as these. Others take the idea and minimize the work of the original person who came up with it, or give zero credit to the originator.

you're right, i did ask for help with the star, and no where did i claim that it was my idea did i?

Well no, because it wasn't your idea.

and again its still not your idea no matter how you want to swing it. just because you posted it on 1? 2? 4? forums you think you're the first?

I don't think, I know I was the first to come up with it. If you can find another capt movie shield replica with a star mounted on top before mine, I'd love to see it. I'm just asking that you give credit where it's due.

I spent many hours of work and time designing and making my prototype, which is where I came up with the top star design over the movies' grooved star design, then many more hours designing and making drawings for the shop for the base blank shields, then many more hours on different handle designs and brackets. Literally months of work. And it sad to me to see others come on here and minimize that effort.

When I saw you post yours in my thread, I was glad others were creating similar items, which is why I thought you should start your own thread to show off your work.

ok 1. when i ordered my shield, the guy that did it said that he could make me a smaller disc to cut the star out of to place on top, so that right there already throws you out, as i didnt get my shield or disc from you. 2. the addition of a frontal star is easy to show you it wasnt your idea, prop or not. here's the frontal star on the shield itself in IM2. nuff said.

Yes, because it was I who gave them, the shop that you used, that idea. I approached him with it and we talked about it for several days before we decided to go that route.

capshieldironman.jpg

also here's a video of someone doing a frontal star addition to their captain america shield prop. How to make a Duct tape Captain America shield! - YouTube

also here is a child's foam shield captain america shield prop with whats that... a frontal star addition! Homemade Captain America Shield - YouTube

none of these are capt movie shield props trying to emulate the movie shield look. And the Ironman II one just shows a half built shield, the star could be on top, or inset in like the TFA version, who knows.

Also if you get a shield spun, there's no way to cut a star straight into it anyways without crazy cnc methods so the only way to get said star is either paint or.....add one

There are many ways, it's just more expensive.

wow wonder how you could come up with that idea... and you want credit? what about credit to the person that spun your shields so you could resell his work?

resell "his" work? No, wrong, MY work. My design, my drawings, my prototype that I spent months on, and I make the stars and handle parts fully here. They are a shop making one portion of my shield design. This is how production works for machined parts. The designer and creator own the items, and sometimes a shop is sourced out to create parts or a whole part.

i dont see you giving him credit anywhere. whys that?

because, as stated above, it's my work. You clearly have no idea on how much time I have put into making these shields, the design, the prototype, testing paints, testing groove depths, etc....

oh because then people could just go to him to get something done instead of you? ahh makes sense now.

They couldn't get one made to my drawings, because they are mine. They would have to provide their own drawings.

i have nothing on my shield that came from you, so look for your ego boost elsewhere sir. because you wont find any credit here.

Wrong, your front star design was taken from mine, you even said so. Where did you get your groove depth from? If you let the shop decide on it, they probably used my dimensions as well.

you done?

Last edited:

Rofl yeah im sure it was you dude, i forgot you're the only one that's made shields on this earth.

Go ask him, he actually called me when you contacted them and asked if it was ok that they made another one similar to mine and I said it was.

it doesnt matter if these are capt movie props are not YOU claimed that it was YOUR idea to add a frontal star. and i've prooved to you it was not. so stop claiming it. as you can easily see the star is on top in the IM2 shot. you can see it resting on the blue.

If you go look at my thread, many trades were done to get the look of the film star while saving money, yes, it's my design.

Rofl you're work? im sorry were you in his shop doing all the work? nope, we you the one that ordered the metal to make the shield at HIS shop? nope. get over yourself it's HIS WORK, not yours. the only thing you can claim as YOUR WORK is a drawing of a circle, some dimensions, the star/bracket which you say you did yourself, now im not so sure. you can call it what you want, its still HIS WORK.

feel free to go look at my thread and follow all the work. Feel free to come to my house and watch me do the work. Feel free to go to my facebook and follow and work, etc... clearly you have no clue how engineering parts works, Once the prototype is done, the drawings were made, and a shop was used to make one part of the over all shield.

Again not your work, and i wont acknowledge it as so. you clear have no idea on how much time i have put into making my shield, the design, the prototype, picking paints, figuring out dimensions, etc...

It was my work, as you can see in my thread. You? You got ideas from me, which you said yourself, and I can post the pm. You also had a shop paint it, not yourself, now you are looking for a star and handle from someone else... so did you come up with drawings? Like I already asked, where did you come up with your groove depth? If you left it to the shop, they used my dimensions. Where did you get your thickness from? Again, if you left it to the shop, they used my dimensions.

they can use any drawings they want, they dont have to be yours, and if you're saying i used your drawings to get mine done, you really are crazy.

No they can't use mine unless I give them permission. Again, you clearly have no idea how engineering parts works. I never said you used my drawings, not sure where you are getting that from. You used my ideas, as you said yourself. And if you left items like groove dept up to the shop, they probably used my dimensions because they were already set up for it.

How am i wrong? i dont have one of your stars do i? nope, you clearly nixed that. just like the other people you have turned down. i came up with the dimensions myself from toys/statues/shields i have, its not a complicated thing to do. The shop uses whatever dimensions you give them, and yours isnt the God dimensions so give it a rest.

As you said yourself, you got the idea of the top mounted star from me. Again, I can post the pm.

Yeah, I think so.

From your PM...

dude i give you props for your work, i even said it in your thread. i did borrow your frontal star usage, and i also put work into my design which is why our shields look nothing alike,

Last edited by a moderator:

your both brilliant and both came up with an obvious idea to get around the cost of cost of milling it from scratch, just like ive seen others come up with as well

noobs......:rolleyes

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back