Theatrical Poster Auction-From a Small Independent Canadian Theater

Gimpdiggity

Master Member

Hi everyone.

I found this while browsing Reddit last night and thought some people here might be interested.

It’s from a small independent theater in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada that is struggling due to the pandemic, so they are raising funds to stay in business by selling off their poster collection.

Here is their site:

Here is the text from the auction page:

From The Auction Link Above said:
Thanks for supporting the first-ever auction for the Princess Cinemas in Waterloo, Ontario.
2020 was the Princess' 35th anniversary. What looked like a banner year all changed in the blink of an eye. To help weather the COVID-19 storm, we're raising funds by auctioning off our extensive poster collection and selling seat sponsorships. Keep checking this page for many more collectible posters and other cool items; we will have something for everyone. This is a fundraiser, so register now, bid often and please share this link. New lot starts Jan 3rd! Let's have some fun! Thanks so much!
AUCTION TERMS:
- All posters are stored flat and will be rolled for pick-up or shipping.
- Free local pick-up is available in KW at the Princess Twin by arrangement.
- NEW! Free local pick-up available in Hamilton
- Shipping is $25 (within Canada) by request. If you win more than 1 poster, we can add them into the one shipment. Win more posters and save on shipping!
Thanks for bidding and good luck!

For the record, I am in no way affiliated with the theater or the auction house. I simply found this and thought RPF would be a good place to share it. I also asked site admin if posting this was appropriate and was given the go ahead.

It looks like the posters are updated every couple weeks with new offerings, so if you’re interested, check back and maybe something you are looking for will be available.

I’ve reached out to the cinema to ask about international shipping, and they said they could certainly do it, but they are worried it may be expensive and, due to COVID, possibly slow. I provided them with my zip code for an estimate on cost. I’ll update when I get the estimate.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back