Limited Run The Yuma (Short Bladed Stunt) Kit. Including Blade and Stencils. **SIGN UP CLOSED**

I was just wondering will the tri-ring come pre installed in the completed build or will I have to put it in myself?
Hi Anthony,

On the complete build the Tri-Ring will be installed.

It will basically ship like this:

IMG_20201018_095200_2.jpg

There will be the option of Mild Steel or Stainless Steel. Mild steel is technically accurate, but I recommend the Stainless for the Yuma as it will retain the correct appearance. The mild steel one will start out looking accurate, but will dull over time and eventually rust.

There will also be the option of having the emitter chemically treated prior to the application of the stencils/paint:

PXL_20210105_140653594[5533].jpg
PXL_20210105_140849102~2[5532].jpg

This is to better match the outdoor (skiff) references.

The Emitter clearly has less grime on some of the sail barge scenes:

YUMA.png

I'm only speculating here, but I believe the barge scene may have been shot first, and when it came to shooting the external scenes (or maybe before), more grime was added to the emitter in order to make it stand out against the bright background. The same reason the blade itself was black.

So, when it comes to the commissioned builds, I'll be happy to take people's preferences on board with regard to the amount of grime on the emitter and the choice of Tri-Ring. (y)

I'm currently finishing off a few commissions, which will be finished within the next week. Two of these are Yuma's so I'll have had the opportunity to fully test the stencils, and reveal the final product for this run. At that stage, I'll announce a date for going forward with the run :)

Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far! Really looking forward to kicking this one off!

All the best and MTFBWY,

Dave

Thank you for the update, now I'm even more excited!

I'm not sure if I'll go for the chemical treatment but I'll go with what evers' the most accurate.

Thank you for the update, now I'm even more excited!

I'm not sure if I'll go for the chemical treatment but I'll go with what evers' the most accurate.
No Problem (y) I'll have an example of the chemically treated one for comparison soon. It's there as an option, but I'm happy to take direction. :)

Morning Dave. The project is looking great (as ever!).
Could you make mine a complete build please.
Thanks

Morning Dave. The project is looking great (as ever!).
Could you make mine a complete build please.
Thanks
Hi Julian.

That's awesome. Thank you! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year. I'll get the list updated with that. Looking forward to going ahead with this one soon :)

All the best,

Dave

Hey Dave,
if your still taking interests, I am very Interested in the complete build!
Thanks Tom! That's great :)

I'm still taking orders for the run, yeah. I'll get your name added to the list. Thank you. (y)

Here's a quick update on the run for everyone who's signed up and is waiting...

I'm currently working on getting a handful of commissions finished before going ahead with the run. I obviously need to prioritize existing work before I can move on to a new run, but I also wanted to get a full test of the new stencils done before taking any money and going forward.

Two of the commissions I'm working on are Yumas from my previous run and are nearing completion. I've applied the stencils and they went on great, but I can't get everything stripped down until I've got the gold applied to the neck section (Waiting on a delivery of gold paint before I can proceed with that).

PXL_20210112_125641274_2.jpg

So, with that in mind, I'm thinking the end of the month would be a good time to start confirming orders. It gives me a chance to finish and show off the final product (along with any outstanding commissions), and it's a more convenient time for most people to pay.

There have been no changes to the model's for this run, so there should be a fast turnaround from my machinist who's ready and waiting. :)

Hope that sounds ok for everyone? If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

All the best and MTFBWY,

Dave

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back