The Young Dooku Saber

Justin WFCOMICS

For all of you following the official Star Wars Episode II Web site, HoloNetNews.com, you may have seen this pic...

[attachmentid=1168]

Some of you found out at Celebration II that I designed the saber used on the young Dooku and had asked me to post the "real" prop the illustration was based on. So here it is...

Enjoy.

[attachmentid=1169]

Justin =)

Awesome! Well done, Justin!
Is that a Heiland 1-cell or slave or something at the butt end?
What's the emitter section made of? (assuming the emitter faces downwards in the picture).

Sure guys, here's the parts list going top (saber end) to bottom (saber emitter):

Heiland Endcap with mounting "disk" painted black (MPP style)

Graflex 2-Cell end cap with 3/4" black electrical tape to hide the slots

No 3 Mk 1 Grenade Replica

Non-pop-up half of a Premier Cast Brass Lavatory Pop-Up (124100)

The activator is a Radio Shack Pushbutton Switch (275-646)

Emitter plate is a Larbel Q endcap with 3/4" hole

When designing this I wanted to tie in some certain key saber parts but I can't say more or why without spoiling the movie and/or some upcoming EU stuff.

Hope this helps!!
Justin =)

Hey Justin, would you get offended if someone...

say, me...

...were to try and build one for myself? Cause if you would, I wouldn't do it. No siree.

But if you were ok with it, I'd certainly try my heinie off.

Once (and if) I get the go-ahead...who wants to sell me dem parts?? All except the Q emitter, I have that one...
icon_smile.gif

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
JOHNLP (OBI-JOHN) wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Ah it's an Obi Qui Vader Gon saber!
icon_lol.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

With a toilet part
icon_razz.gif

Nicely done
icon_smile.gif
I think you just invented a saber that a lot of people will replicate...and you thought the heiland 2 cell was easy to find now....

Cyberjedi wrote:
Hey Justin, would you get offended if someone...

say, me...

...were to try and build one for myself? Cause if you would, I wouldn't do it. No siree.
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>Nope, I have no problem with that
icon_smile.gif
. Feel free to make one. That goes for anyone.

Also, feel free to post pics of it in progress or completed. I think that would be cool.

Justin =)

Not bashing you at all....

But why does it seem that almost everyone here thinks that "CUSTOM SABER" means what order you put the parts on of other EXISTING sabers¿

Propazoid wrote:
But why does it seem that almost everyone here thinks that "CUSTOM SABER" means what order you put the parts on of other EXISTING sabers¿
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>To everyone's, including my defense, I don't really think that's a fair assessment of what everyone else here thinks. Is it, guys?

I mean, I seen lots of very original looking custom sabers here.

I have two other sabers that are appearing in the "Power of the Jedi" book coming out in August and neither of them, with exception of the o-rings and Covertec knob, have parts from any other Star Wars character's saber. Matter of fact, anyone at C2 on SAT morning had a chance to see them.

Next to thinking it might be fun for you guys, there is a reason this Dooku saber has some of those parts. Speculate away ...
icon_smile.gif

Justin =)

It looks like a Qui-gon saber with the way it's drawn...so I'm going to say Dooku was Qui's master
icon_smile.gif

Who's next?

jd pilot wrote:
It looks like a Qui-gon saber with the way it's drawn...so I'm going to say Dooku was Qui's master
icon_smile.gif

Who's next?
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>Well, that is Qui-Gon in the pic with Dooku...

Justin =)

Zoid,

IMHO, I believe that people use various different parts of existing lightsabers in different configurations so that they can have a unique "custom" saber, while still having it look as though it fits well in the star wars universe.

Unfortunately, something different and creative may look completely cool and unique, but won't look as though it matches the only reference material we have (i.e., the films). People want sabers that are uniquely theirs, but at the same time look like it could be something out of star wars.

Darth Kharn,

That's a good point too. I've designed custom Star Wars props with that logic in mind before.

I'm sure many official LFL artists and designers have used the same approach.

Justin =)

Luuke wrote:
I'll concour with that thought as well. I think it's a great design.

PM'ed ya, dude!
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>I answered some of your questions via email for ya.

Oh, I forgot to mention. Holonetnews.com will be included with the Ep.II DVD so the above illustration will be found on the it
icon_smile.gif

Justin =)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back