The Y-Wing "Green Leader" Project - NOW OPEN SOURCE!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Analyzer

Sr Member
Sorry that you had to be put in that position especially considering how giving you have been

It's like recasting for the digital age

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ytech

I am still, pulled files or not, so grateful for this thread and inspiring work DaveG!

I am doing a hobby project of my own related to the Y-wing (not a prop or replica and def not commercial) and am in dire need of correct proportions of the Y-wing. Your files, those available, are a great help.

Thanks for the inspiration, hard work and for sharing! <3

ytech

A question, how accurate would you say the 3D model is and how close are Gold Leader and Green Leader Y-wings with respect to proportions?

Firefox3D

A question, how accurate would you say the 3D model is and how close are Gold Leader and Green Leader Y-wings with respect to proportions?
Here are a couple of overlays on Gold 2. I did have to move some of the parts relative to each other, mainly rotation as the model is not "straight". The only major difference I think was the neck was too short.

Y-wing overlay 01.jpg
Y-wing overlay 02.jpg

Found a pic that shows there is not much if any change in the main layout, neck does look longer on Gold 3 I think, but could be the lighting.

Y-comparision.jpg

Last edited:

DaveG

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
THE FORWARD FUSELAGE FILES ARE BACK UP!

I've decided to take a chance and repost the 3D printing files for the Forward Fuselage in the Open Source files repository. Not having them available is a big stumbling block for many and the whole purpose of the Open Source project was to encourage other build. The files are here:

Please, please, PLEASE do not use these files for anything other than personal builds. Please do not print and sell parts. It's digital recasting and while, realistically, there is nothing I can do to stop you... it's so not cool!

Enjoy. Build. Post!

ytech

Here are a couple of overlays on Gold 2
That is awesome, thank you! Seems very accurate! Cool work with the overlay!

I've decided to take a chance and repost the 3D printing files
Thank you so, so much! I promise you, this is for personal use only and when my project is picking up speed I will share it where appropriate. I just hope everyone else respects it too.

I've been using the model as it was when I made the post previously, to measure things for my own project. With the whole project, I can do it even better!

In honor of both the awesome 3D model by you DaveG and the many inspiring posts and thoughts about the Y-wing by Studio Kitbash I made this little picture (see below). I did not find any Fibonacci/Golden Ratio gauge for screen use, so I made my own (well, I added Golden Ratio markers to an open source screen ruler I found, minimal effort with reasonable result). Behold, the digitial version of the picture of Studio Kitbash :)

yw-2020-01-20_200335.jpg