The Wrath of the Titans Trailer

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by KnightAsylum, Dec 19, 2011.

1. KnightAsylum

KnightAsylum Sr Member

2. JD

JD Master Member

3. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Wrath of the Titans (2012) - IMDb

Looks better than the first one (not that that's very difficult to achieve), though I DO wish they'd stop showing off what I assume to be the final monster in the trailers. Takes all the fun out of it.

4. DavidS

DavidS Sr Member

hmm wow

5. King Ranger

King Ranger Sr Member

The action and effects look interesting and it's nice to see their version of the titans but the music just killed it for me. But after turning the volume off, I was like 'ok I'll rent it.'

6. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

WOW! I thought the remake of Clash of the Titans was almost unwatchable, but that trailer looks AWESOME!!! I can't imagine that this movie will actually be good, but it sure looks exciting!

7. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

Oh, and I LOVE Rosamund Pike's very functional costume as Andromeda! That is very very cool.

View attachment 78150

8. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

This looks sweeeeeeeet

9. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

Ditto.

Ditto ditto. As long as they limit the modern music to the trailer, I can deal with it. (And that's a cover I've never heard before, so I'm kind of intrigued by it.) But it has no place in the movie itself. That's something "A Knight's Tale" got away with, and it'll probably never work again.

10. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

TITANS...WILL...um...WRATH...?

Yeah, we'll see. They overpromised and under-delivered last time, in a very big way. Smells of desperation for a franchise...

Beg to differ. :p

11. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

COTT was a shocker at best, this did have some eye candy in it for sure but not all candy is sweet and I cant see this being anything other than a cgi muppet movie with swords and fire as a side dish.

WOTT (exactly) What?

12. Werstrooper

Werstrooper Well-Known Member

backed hard!

13. mmarlon brando

mmarlon brando Active Member

Ralph Fiennes should only play bad guys. One line in the trailer, and he delivers it perfectly.

14. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I think I'll stick to the original Clash and the other movies that were made of that type. The effects in movies these days are worse than the worst 80s effects.

15. Nexus6

Nexus6 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I was entertained by 'CotT', & I will most likely enjoy this one too.

Not having Gemma Arterton :)love) in the cast makes me a forlorn panda, though. :(

I could listen to her voice for a thousand years, even if she was b*tching at me.

16. kursosawa

kursosawa Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Um...isn't this basically the same thing as "Immortals"? Eh, I'll still watch it if only to see Fines's and Neeson ham it up.

17. JoMamma_Smurf

JoMamma_Smurf Master Member

I liked the trailer for the first one.... It sucked the big one. I have zero hope for this one and even less interest in seeing it.

18. Risu

Risu Master Member

I am excite. It also gives me hope that Prince of Persia will get a second chance.

19. Lando

Lando Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks cool, hopefully it won't disappoint

20. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

I enjoyed the original. I enjoyed the remak. I'll probably enjoy this one.

Is this one in 3D? Are they gonna screw it like they did with the first one?

21. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

How come some epic movies dont feel very epic? Is it because I am older? When I watch the original Clash of the Titans, it just seems like a much bigger adventure. I wanted the remake to be on a Lord of the Rings scale.

22. Hecubus114

Hecubus114 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It's not your age. Epic movies require an epic effort from the people making them. Something that is rare nowadays.

23. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

LOTR had helicopter shots of the cast in full makeup and costume running or hiking along mountain ridges in inaccessible parts of New Zealand. Even crowd scenes shot for real up in the mountains (albeit less inaccessible ones in that particular case). For that you need a whole infrastructure just to support the flying, let alone the makeup artists, costume department, camera, lighting, art departments etc etc. The logistical effort is huge and New Line realized those films couldn't be done on the cheap. They spent $200M and even then that WAS, effectively, 'on the cheap' considering filming in NZ was comparatively inexpensive (and that they got three films for that price).

Not to run down the logistics of CotT and WotT, which I'm sure were not inconsiderable, but I'm sure their makers would agree they verge on being quickie, cheapie stuff by comparison.

24. cptmycpt24

cptmycpt24 New Member

Wasn't a an of Clash of the Titans remake but WRATH looks good.