The Wooly Wisent and the Righteous Heatgun,My Dr. Grordbort Entry DONE, Pics sent in!

Sigma-LS

Sr Member
So I figured this was way too much stuff to clutter the Weta contest thread with so here she is from start to finished.

IMG_5204.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5223.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

IMG_4774.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

IMG_4772.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

IMG_5193.jpg

Lights activated!

IMG_4796.jpg

IMG_4799.jpg

Base Gun WIP Progress

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_4609.jpg

IMG_4614.jpg

IMG_4626.jpg

IMG_4637.jpg

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg

IMG_4708.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4796.jpg

IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4775.jpg

IMG_4769.jpg

And the Righteous Heatgun made from the spare parts left over. Since it was all from one gun I wonder if it can be entered too?:lol
IMG_4650-1.jpg

IMG_4711.jpg

IMG_4715.jpg

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

IMG_4754.jpg

Variants:

Bull Barrel and Dragonslayer Power Bulb.

Last edited:
Re: The Wooly Wisent and the Righteous Heatgun,My Dr. Grordbort Entry WIP (pic intens

That is just awesome.

Long before the WETA came up with their contest, I hand
bent some copper tubing and shipped my Bison over to the
studio of my friend Steve, who knows a thing or two about
Rayguns. "See what you can do with this plastic gun", I
suggested.

His big idea? Put a laser pointer in it.

(yawn)

Your idea is so cool! Some people "get" the Dr. G.
Rayguns idea and some people can't get out of rehashed
reruns of 1960s sci fi television. (phasers)

You definitely get it and have love for the entire genre.

Last edited:
Re: The Wooly Wisent and the Righteous Heatgun,My Dr. Grordbort Entry WIP (pic intens

Thanks for the really kind comments everyone.

outlander-Your response was especially kind and flattering. Made my night. Cheers to you bro!

Me like! Very nice result and process pics Sigma.
Inspirational post like this just make me want to scavenge...

Update. Started working on the variants. This guy is modular so power bulbs and barrels are plug and play.

So far I've got the Bull Barrel roughed out and the Dragonslayer power bulb finished. Yeah I named it the Dragonslayer for obvious reasons. The ship in a bottle craziness you have to do to make the power cells is annoying but the final result is always worth it.:lol

Originals are the parts on the left, new variant parts on the right. Connector is kinked upwards on the Bull Barrel to compensate for barrel droop since that's a lot of metal. It sits perfectly straight on the gun.
IMG_4944.jpg

And that's real Fluorite in there, and yes the crystal is too big to fit through the neck of the bottle in that orientation.:cool

IMG_4948.jpg

Last edited:

Added new pics of the variant parts mounted up and spoilered some images to reduce loading and clutter. Check the top post!

Finally got the Dragonslayer Variant parts finished! Now all that's left is to finish the case.
IMG_4957.jpg

IMG_4956.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

IMG_5152.jpg

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5162.jpg

IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5158.jpg

Case so far.

IMG_5039.jpg

IMG_5043.jpg

IMG_5042.jpg

Now just to get the outfit to go with it together. Working on it. All those gears are motorized in the eyepiece and rotate the lens. I'm not one for static decoration.:lol

IMG_5137.jpg

Last edited:

Finished the case for the weapons modules, the manual, and got some pics.

IMG_5204.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

And officially just sent this in. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back