The Wasteland Armory

Oddy

Hello all, this is my first official thread on The RPF and I will use it to document in-progress builds, finds, and various other little goodies pulled from or inspired by the numerous post-apocalyptic games and movies of the last few decades. (Fallout, Mad Max, etc)

I am new to prop building, painting, weathering, etc. and a lot of my work is based in experimentation for that needed level of history behind each piece.

I draw a lot of my inspiration for various tasks from Adam Savage's One-Day Builds from Tested's YouTube channel, as well as other talented makers and artists.

Currently, I am a touch light on pictures of my projects, but I'll be remedying that shortly once I get things rolling and find some more suitable shooting locations than the back room at my job.

M1 Garand - Based loosely on "This Machine" Fallout: NV [ICS M1 Garand Airsoft AEG]
Fallout-4-M1-Garand-2.jpgFallout-4-M1-Garand-3.jpgFallout-4-M1-Garand-1.jpg

Fallout 4 Swatter - Junk shop find, as is (for now)
Fallout-4-Swatter.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the RPF! You'll find a lot of helpful members here if you ever have technique or materials questions. We all started somewhere in the hobby. :)

So far, your builds look great. Looking forward to seeing more.

Love the subject matter and will follow your builds with interest.

Thanks! Hoping to get cracking on more builds soon! I'm intending to build/make everything a survivor would need to live in a wasteland.

Welcome to the RPF! You'll find a lot of helpful members here if you ever have technique or materials questions. We all started somewhere in the hobby. :)

So far, your builds look great. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you ^^

I'm hoping to learn as much as I can here, especially methods for prop building that don't break the bank.

Actually, while I'm thinking about it. Would anyone have advice for building a functional airsoft replica of the Fallout 4 Plasma Rifle Sniper variant?

My plan is to use a donor airsoft M4 platform, and encase it in the Plasma Rifle housing.

This is a pretty involved project, and I haven't a clue how to begin.

IMG_20170804_125317.jpg

Took my M1 out back with some of the gear I'm working on to go with it.

Original M1 ammo pouches on a custom shoulder strap that will soon have license plate armor for my left arm, and the wastelander's trench coat.

IMG_20170807_211638.jpg
Just finished this CYMA M14 for a friend, did a nearly identical weathering attempt as my M1. Hard part was working with a plastic stock vs the real wood of my ICS M1

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back