The Wand Company twelfh doctors sonic screwdriver

Darran

The wand company are releasing an extending twelfth doctor's sonic later this year. From their facebook page:

"After receiving emails pretty much every day since the launch of our Eleventh Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver asking for an extending version, we're thrilled to announce that we will be launching an extending Twelfth Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver universal remote control. As you'd expect, it's a highly detailed and completely re-engineered working replica of the Matt Smith / Peter Capaldi Sonic Screwdriver and we're very excited to reveal that it will be seen for the first time at San Diego Comic-Con on 8th July 2015, exclusively on the BBC America Stand."

Looks good, what do you think?

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like they are using their old tooling for the die cast parts. Darn. I really wanted a sonic screwdriver with at least an accurate shape instead of the 1200 for the rubbertoe. If they changed the button and made the center band taper more it would be reasonably ok for me. I like that they added the lines in front of the rivets near the center, though.

It also seems like it will have the TV-B-Gone feature

Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Waited for this thing for too long!

I love this because I want a sonic screwdriver that is a replica and can be Functional. AMAZING!

Looks like I'm going to have to sell off one of the two old models I have so I can grab one of these!

With just a little bit of work, these should be DEAD ON!

-Nick

Darn. I really wanted a sonic screwdriver with at least an accurate shape instead of the 1200 for the rubbertoe. If they changed the button and made the center band taper more it would be reasonably ok for me.
Ditto. Gonna have to do some machinin'... but what to do with my kursoswawa conversion, suppose it'll be worth more when they stop making non-extendable ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Only a few things bug me.

- The copper is way, way, way too shiny and the silver is way too dull.
- The stalk that the emitter is mounted on is supposed to be conical, but instead they made it cylindrical.
- The buttcap's dimensions are a bit off...
- And, may we never forget, the collar connecting the black piece to the sliding assembly is way too wide. I have no idea why they sacrificed that to make a battery compartment instead of just making the end cap unscrew like a flashlight.

I plan on modifying it to see how many of those I can fix, but all-in-all it looks awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on one~

Please remember it's a remote and not a prop replica! There has to be room for the electronics. That being said it's an awesome looking sonic at an awesome price range! [emoji4] keep up the great work you're doing Wand Company![emoji4][emoji106]

Don't waste time, or time will waste you!

I bought two. The price is 120$. Will post pictures and review later. On Sunday I will talk to Chris and Richard to get more information on the development and the design process of both the new communicator and the screwdriver.

I just picked up the limited edition one at SDCC. It is truly epic. Richard, (forget his last name, but one of the designers) handed it to me and it just felt right. Didn't feel like a toy. And the flick to open action is perfect. I think he said 5-7 newtons of force to open it. I haven't tried it with the TV yet, but the sounds it emits for each motion are good and loud. Paid more than the final will be worth, sure, but I just couldn't wait. I always have ONE impulse buy at the con. This was a good one.

The Limited edition version was laser numbered, and was released early with a COA. Otherwise, that is about it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back