The Wand Company to reissue their Star Trek communicator?

AnubisGuard

Master Member
Someone over on the TrekBSS stumbled on a listing that appears to be for a reissue of the TWC comm. They contacted TWC and:

when I contacted TWC and asked them they asked WHERE DID YOU SEE THIS???? They then said a big announcement is coming soon......

Good news if true; I missed out on the comm so am really looking forward to this.

Ya, saw that on facebook this morning. I find it hard to believe as the company I worked for had trouble getting rid of them.

I kind of like my wand Phaser and Communicator being with $700 and $500 but I hope they re-do the Phaser too, maybe redesign it so the battery can be replaced! and maybe just a limited run so values go back up again.

Didn’t they say a year ago that there would never be a re-release?
TWC's Chris Barnardo said in June regarding the phasers:
No, I’m afraid that we don’t have any plans to start manufacturing the phaser again right now, at 10,000 units, the minimum order quantities are too large for the predicted market demand. I know that this is a disappointment for fans that missed out when we were making them, but we will keep the decision under review. If the situation changes, we would love to be able to justify making more.

Maybe the secondary market prices coupled with the tricorder being the final piece in a landing party set pushed them to reconsider the interest in the comms. I grabbed a few for $50 before they disappeared. Never got a phaser, though, and I'd likely go for one if they restarted that.

It’s hard to imagine that market conditions have improved to the point of them reissuing the comm. The Tricorder is pushed out a year because of chip and other supply chain shortages.

TWC's Chris Barnardo said in June regarding the phasers:

Maybe the secondary market prices coupled with the tricorder being the final piece in a landing party set pushed them to reconsider the interest in the comms. I grabbed a few for $50 before they disappeared. Never got a phaser, though, and I'd likely go for one if they restarted that.
How about just a phaser one, re-designed with with a replaceable battery, it could be sold as a stand alone and they could make it work with existing P2's for those that want to upgrade.

Everyone has to consider the fact that all the existing wand phasers out there will eventually fail when the battery dies and refuses to charge any more, then they will be worth diddly.

I kind of like my wand Phaser and Communicator being with $700 and $500 but I hope they re-do the Phaser too, maybe redesign it so the battery can be replaced! and maybe just a limited run so values go back up again.
It's Well and good that our phasers and comms have gone/Will Go up in price but it's still a hell of an amount over retail for people who missed out when they were released.

It's Well and good that our phasers and comms have gone/Will Go up in price but it's still a hell of an amount over retail for people who missed out when they were released.
Same as with any worthwhile prop replica purchase, snooze you loose. Anything good I have, I had to be in the right place in the right time and have money available. 99% of my props, you could only get them for a short while and they have gone up in value, some significantly.

It's not just about getting in on project runs here on the RPF, the same goes for any toy that they stop making.

Last edited:
My Wand phaser and communicator sit on a shelf. I think they are fantastic. Even when the batteries die, they will still have a lot of value to me and I will be happy to have them. I rarely power them on.

It would be nice if Wand could create ones with replaceable batteries, but even if they just rerelease the original versions again, I am going to buy another one.

I buy things I enjoy, not to sell them, so I don't care if prices rise or fall.

Same as with any worthwhile prop replica purchase, snooze you loose. Anything good I have, I had to be in the right place in the right time and have money available. 99% of my props, you could only get them for a short while and they have gone up in value, some significantly.

It's not just about getting in on project runs here on the RPF, the same goes for any toy that they stop making.
I agree, I just feel sorry for those who do miss out for whatever reason as I've been there before... it sucks lol.

My Wand phaser and communicator sit on a shelf. I think they are fantastic. Even when the batteries die, they will still have a lot of value to me and I will be happy to have them. I rarely power them on.

It would be nice if Wand could create ones with replaceable batteries, but even if they just rerelease the original versions again, I am going to buy another one.

I buy things I enjoy, not to sell them, so I don't care if prices rise or fall.
The communicator battery is replaceable and easy to get at. If a lithium battery drains completely the cells can be damaged, so I try to charge my wand phasers and communicators up from time to time to keep the battery working as long as possible, I even charge the extra ones I bought that are still kept in the box in a closet.

I agree, I just feel sorry for those who do miss out for whatever reason as I've been there before... it sucks lol.
yeah especially if you get the tricorder and want to complete the landing party set, it will cost you an arm and a leg.

I bought 4 phasers and 3 communicators and will probably get a couple tricorders too, I have not sold any for profit so far but I did give a set to my friend who is also a trekie and he displays them in his office.

I display a B&W SD Studios phaser and a stock phaser with an upgraded Stapleton Handel and one communicator, the others I keep hidden away in the box, incase anything happens to my display models.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back