The Wand Company - Star Trek: The Original Series PHASER re-issue poll

If THE WAND COMPANY would re-issue a STAR TREK TOS Phaser; would you purchase one?


  • Total voters
    41

Pepperbone

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Let's see if we can get an idea of how many individuals would be interested.

Some context >The Wand Company released a limited run of the Phaser a few years back and it sold out. It's as simple as that.
Unfortunately, a lot of us missed out on it, and would love the opportunity to get one (or two).

If you haven't seen their Phaser > Star Trek Phaser | The Wand Company
 

Pepperbone

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know it's a long shot, but I'm "hoping" we can get enough participation to invite the Wand folks over to see the results and have them consider another run. It's unlikely, but it's no effort and free to try.
 

Pepperbone

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ugh, I just realized I posted this in the wrong place. It should have been in the Replica Props section.
Does anyone know if it's possible to move a thread?
 

scarf man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ugh, I just realized I posted this in the wrong place. It should have been in the Replica Props section.
Does anyone know if it's possible to move a thread,
Hit the report button on your original post, in the field that pops up ask for the thread to be moved.
Only the staff can move threads.
 

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
In my modest opinion, and keep in mind I’m wildly speculating.
I think 75% of everyone who wanted one got them when they were released. The other 25% dragged their feet and missed out. Now they are very expensive on the secondary market and now they are crying and complaining. If they do a second run, TWC is going to lose a TON of money and we will be stuck with a surplus of phasers that nobody wants. But you see, for those that blew their chance when they were released are trying to make ridiculous arguments as to why they need to re-release them. Who cares if TWC looses their butts and may very well close down the company so long as they get theirs!
I hope they NEVER re-release them! You see, most of us did NOT drag our feet and bout them when they were in abundance at retail outlets. You BLEW your chance! Why should the rest of us have lose our investments due to your mistake?! Suck it up, buttercup.
There is a petition already in the works that they are submitting to TWC for folks who DON’T want a re-release. That should negate the slackers‘ petition.
 

Ron

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
What if you're someone like me who wasn't even aware of the run they did? What if I was but couldn't afford it at the time? Or what if I was a newcomer to Star Trek collectables? Are companies only ever allowed to make one run of a collectable?

If it was a numbered edition set to a strict limit, then I understand being against a reissue (which is why I hate limited editions. Future collectors will never get a chance to buy them at non-inflated prices). Since that's not the case here, then a reissue wouldnt be unethical of them. TWC even states on the product page that a reissue is possible:

Please note that the Star Trek Phaser is no longer in production and no retailers have any remaining stock. We currently have no plans to resume production, although that may change at some point in the future.​

 
Last edited:

Inquisitor Peregrinus

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
In my modest opinion, and keep in mind I’m wildly speculating.
I think 75% of everyone who wanted one got them when they were released. The other 25% dragged their feet and missed out. Now they are very expensive on the secondary market and now they are crying and complaining. If they do a second run, TWC is going to lose a TON of money and we will be stuck with a surplus of phasers that nobody wants. But you see, for those that blew their chance when they were released are trying to make ridiculous arguments as to why they need to re-release them. Who cares if TWC looses their butts and may very well close down the company so long as they get theirs!
I hope they NEVER re-release them! You see, most of us did NOT drag our feet and bout them when they were in abundance at retail outlets. You BLEW your chance! Why should the rest of us have lose our investments due to your mistake?! Suck it up, buttercup.
There is a petition already in the works that they are submitting to TWC for folks who DON’T want a re-release. That should negate the slackers‘ petition.
TWC also said that they wouldn't reissue the phaser because the technology no longer is usable with current-gen TVs. What would be called for would be a re-engineering. Regardless if you have one of the original phasers, this would be a new one that works with new TVs that we'd be asking for -- and an opportunity to upgrade detail accuracy, and potentially use one of the other color schemes seen on the prop in TOS, to set it apart from its predecessor. Nothing about crapping on those who got it back when or didn't.
 

AJK001

Master Member
When the Tricorder was first announced, TWC said they were not going to re-release eithe the Phaser or the Comm and then went ahead and re-released the Comm last year. It would not surprise me to see them do the Phaser too but as some have mentioned, it is going to need a redesign since it apparently doesn't work with newer TV's and the electronics are no longer available.
 

enterprise0216

Sr Member
I have one, but if they ever did a re-release i would not mind getting another. Copy poll is for fun and one never knows what a company will do it entirely up to them.
 

Cephus

Sr Member
This all assumes that they still have the license to produce them and that reacquiring wouldn't be prohibitively expensive. Maybe the reason they aren't making more is because they can't. It's something to consider.
 

ALLEY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
45 potential sales, WOW!! They must be fools not to do another run!! lol

I believe that may still be more than the Tomy 350 Die Cast Enterprise??

A3542546-3AF7-47EB-B529-1ACE105B9ED0.jpeg
 

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Top