The Walking Dead - Rick's Hatchet

Starkiller0613

After watching the last episode, I searched here to see if anyone ID'd the hatchet Rick uses. I didn't see anything here and after a quick google search for straight handled hatchets, I think I found it if anyone's interested. I looked at screenshots and promo pics like this one:
the-walking-dead-rick-hatchet.jpg

I believe its a Cold Steel Axe Gang hatchet. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cold-Steel-Axe-Gang-Hatchet/19336432
cold steel hatchet.jpg
Anyone want to weigh in?

I think you're onto something. That appears to be a really easy-to-find axe -- I did some Googling myself and found the exact one in dozens of places. Seems a logical choice for a props master when buying them in bulk, as I'm sure they do for the show.

This definitely is the hatchet/axe Rick has been wielding in season 6. I plan on picking one up for myself pretty soon. I noticed Rick was using a blue holster-like thing in the season 6 finale for his hatchet. I feel like I've scoured the internet for hours looking for it and still haven't found anything remotely similar. 90% of the hatchet sheathes/holsters are made of leather which his is not. Anyone have any clues as to what it may be?
TWD_616_GP_1116_0239-RT.jpgTWD_616_GP_1112_0036-RT.jpgTWD_616_GP_1116_0127-RT.jpg

FAIMG_1573.PNG This is the exact brand and model Rick has, only difference is his is blue which are dam hard to obtain!
I just picked this one up off eBay recently for $8 but even this colour is rare!!

So I bought one of the Cold Steel hatchets and I think they shortened it to above where the Asian characters start. That, and I could be wrong, I'd have to look at some up close caps, but they probably also painted over the crossed hatchets emblem just above where the handle meets the blade.

So I bought one of the Cold Steel hatchets and I think they shortened it to above where the Asian characters start. That, and I could be wrong, I'd have to look at some up close caps, but they probably also painted over the crossed hatchets emblem just above where the handle meets the blade.
They definitely shortened the handle. I would imagine that they painted or otherwise covered any identifying marks as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back