The Viking.'.Predator

City Hunter1

Hi everyone!
I have decided that I am going to start over with my costume peoject
I will sit down as soon as I get the ability and '' design '' what my new costume will look like :p
It's going to be an '' Viking Predator '', since I am from Scandinavia like the vikings were. And I think that a viking predator would look really cool,
and I am also a little bit facinated by the vikings too ;)

Pictures of the '' design '' coming up as soon as possible

I will be starting over with everything

- Martin .'.

Ok, so I finally got to draw a few drawings today.
So now I have designed the suit and what it hopefully will look like in the future
and I will hopefully get started with the jawsystem tomorrow ;)
So enjoy the drawings.

Ok, so Here we have the helm, I'm planning to make some horns
on it so it would be more like a viking helm.

CIMG1726.jpg

And then we have the spear,
I'm not sure if I am going to make this one or not.

CIMG1727.jpg

Here we have the full suit.
I have noticed that it wasn't a perfect drawing, but wathever.

CIMG1728.jpg

And here we have the skull that I will use for the trophy necklace.

CIMG1730.jpg

Please leave a coment below and tell me what you think :p

- Martin

CIMG1726.jpg

CIMG1727.jpg

CIMG1728.jpg

CIMG1730.jpg

In my opinion, I like the idea. And the bio looks cool but when I think of vikings, I think of horns that stick out to the side some, kinda like bull horns. That's just my opinion though.

In my opinion, I like the idea. And the bio looks cool but when I think of vikings, I think of horns that stick out to the side some, kinda like bull horns. That's just my opinion though.
You may be right, I'll try to go back to the drawing board and see if
I can make some thing that would have horns a little bit more like you describe them.

Ok, so I got the new design for the helm and I
think it looks way better than the old one. Thanks to AlienQNhunter : )
So here we have a picture of it.

CIMG0001.jpg

And I see that the horns are a little bit different.
They are both supposed to be like the one to the left.

CIMG0001.jpg

That looks better but now it reminds me of some samari helmets. In my opinion, I suggest you combine the curves of the 1st one with the wideness of the 2nd one's horns or modify the 2nd one with the curves from one of these 2 helmets --> http://www.polandbymail.com/get_item_jk54_...met-replica.htm http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/LIQ/LIQ11...~vl0004b034.jpg

I say this because you have the horns attached in the front mid section. I think you could keep either of those horn styles if you have them attached as close to the edge as you can on the widest part of the bio. Also, just as a side note, I think horns would look good on a narin bio. That way they could be put right at the edge of the widest part of the bio. See what I mean. --> http://www.predatorstuff.com/gallery/image...narinbio_04.jpg

Hm.. dont want to be boring but... vikings never had horns on their helmets... :) Its just something they made up. *runs and hides*

True that... ;-) When I started out with my viking bio 4 yrs ago, I did some research on the viking era, and I must say, it's damn interesting to read up on. Never covered *that* in school. As I remember, those famous viking horned helmets were ceremonial headgear and not worn in battle, where most of the lower castes showed up with leather caps (more affordable), the wealthier would have iron caps with or without chain mail; there's one famous viking helmet, a one-of-its-kind to be preserved so well (it is named after the place were it was dug up, can't remember that), but apparently rather typical style wise, that had guards for the nose and eye parts that look like an extravagant set of large glasses. If you look closely, that's almost exactly the kind of helmet the Rohirrim wear in the Lord of the Rings movies (minus the pointy top).
As for the horned kind, if I remember correctly, its up to debate whether those were in fact horns, as for most parts they were only depicted in drawings or stitchings or whatever and may or may not have been real bull horns, but stood out like ones and were often connected at the tips by pieces of string. That's where the myth of horned viking helmets comes from.

Interesting fact on the side, the original word "vikingr" means something like "[person] going on a raid" (originally, the meaning was different, "man from Vikland", but obviously turned to that by proof at hand... *), so it can probably be loosely translated as "Predator"...

* there's more on that here: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...14125933AAVF9qH

Hm.. dont want to be boring but... vikings never had horns on their helmets... :) Its just something they made up. *runs and hides*

I allready got to know that from when I was wisiting the viking museum in Lofoten,
were they said that the vikings did not have horns on their helms because
of the big sails they had on their ships were very low profile and if they had horns,
the sail would get all ripped up when they went under them and stuff.

The only reason that I want to put horns on my helm, is that most people would think of
''horns on their helms'' when they hear the word ''viking''

That looks better but now it reminds me of some samari helmets. In my opinion, I suggest you combine the curves of the 1st one with the wideness of the 2nd one's horns or modify the 2nd one with the curves from one of these 2 helmets --> http://www.polandbymail.com/get_item_jk54_...met-replica.htm http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/LIQ/LIQ11...~vl0004b034.jpg

I say this because you have the horns attached in the front mid section. I think you could keep either of those horn styles if you have them attached as close to the edge as you can on the widest part of the bio. Also, just as a side note, I think horns would look good on a narin bio. That way they could be put right at the edge of the widest part of the bio. See what I mean. --> http://www.predatorstuff.com/gallery/image...narinbio_04.jpg
Ok, do you mean something like this ...?
This will be the design that I am using any way, because I think it looks just
awesome.

Hjelmnr3.jpg

And yes, I have used the old one, becase I am lazy today. And I just didn't bother to
make a whole new one :)

Hjelmnr3.jpg

Hello,
I have a small update for my suit today.
I have finally got some liquid latex to make my mask,
and I will see if I can get some fishing net for the body mesh
tomorrow. Then when I come home from Oslo tomorrow I will se if
I can get a styrofoam head and some air drying clay to start sculpting my mask.
There will be a new plan for the mask, I will not be makina jaw system.

If you're making a viking pred you should probably incorporate a lot of furs into the costume. Take a look at Tuath's suit. He has a fur that covers his shoulders and upper chest. Hope this suit turns out well.

Matt

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back