The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

So it looks like a Nintendo Switch Pro could be hitting the market this holiday season according to Bloomberg.
The Switch Pro will be as powerful as a base PS4 and feature several upgrades including a dock that will support 4k, a larger OLED screen, better battery life and faster processor. Also rumored the Switch Pro may receive some third party titles that will not run on the base Switch due to its technical limitations.

I'm interested in getting one and I definitely agree that the one major upgrade feature I want to see it being able to connect a ethernet cable into the dock. I literally cannot use my Switch online anywhere else in my house except five feet from my router and even then I will occasionally drop games of Mario Kart.

Also just picked up Bravely Default II on Switch and pre-ordered the strategy game Battle Brothers which releases on March 11th.

Last edited:
So it looks like a Nintendo Switch Pro could be hitting the market this holiday season according to Bloomberg.
The Switch Pro will be as powerful as a base PS4 and feature several upgrades including a dock that will support 4k, a larger OLED screen, better battery life and faster processor. Also rumored the Switch Pro may receive some third party titles that will not run on the base Switch due to its technical limitations.

I'm interested in getting one and I definitely agree that the one major upgrade feature I want to see it being able to connect a ethernet cable into the dock. I literally cannot use my Switch online anywhere else in my house except five feet from my router and even then I will occasionally drop games of Mario Kart.

Also just picked up Bravely Default II on Switch and pre-ordered the strategy game Battle Brothers which releases on March 11th.

honestly mixed on the upgraded Switch. My switch works fine (except for joycon drift) so not sure if the upgrade is worth it. Better cons (ones that don’t die from dust) would be a huge improvement.

I do hope Nintendo churns out more good games. Sony is starting to lose my trust and Microsoft doesn’t really produce games I’m interested in.

The last Nintendo console I had was the Wii. My nephew wasn't really interested in this one. Well, he'd play it if someone else bought it for him, but he's more into Xbox. I wonder how much market share Nintendo can grab while no one can find the new Xbox or PS5? My nephew wanted the Xbox for Christmas and I still haven't found one. It looks like they're saying they won't even kind of get caught up with supply until June, and maybe not even then.

I think its the combination of graphic card shortages due to corona (which is also affecting computers) and scalpers that is making getting the new consoles a pain.

However, there is really no need to get a new PS5/XboX yet for scalper prices since there arnt any exclusive games that are must buys imo. Also, consoles do have small updates (not like PS4 vs Pro) with later generations being slightly better.

I never buy a new generation console until it's been out for at least a year, just to give them time to fix all of the problems. I'm not in any hurry to play anything.
At the rate PS5's are being bought up, it will be a year before I can get one anyway.

Here's a surprise inspired by the classic arcade, NES and SNES era of Ninja Turtles.

Devs have hinted additional playable characters like Splinter, April O'Neil and Casey Jones may be unlockables.
I have fond memories of playing the multi-player arcade game in college.

I have fond memories of playing the multi-player arcade game in college.
When we were kids my brothers and I played through the complete arcade game one day. As adults we did the same thing again though a MAME emulator.

And speaking of classic arcade games, a sequel to the old Wrestlefest arcade game just came out on Steam called Retromania Wrestling. It's also coming to Switch, Xbox and PSN in a couple months.

This was the old original Wrestlefest arcade game from the 90's that my brothers and I also put a lot of quarters into.

Last edited:
honestly mixed on the upgraded Switch. My switch works fine (except for joycon drift) so not sure if the upgrade is worth it. Better cons (ones that don’t die from dust) would be a huge improvement.

I do hope Nintendo churns out more good games. Sony is starting to lose my trust and Microsoft doesn’t really produce games I’m interested in.

I'm of similar mindset. Considering the Switch has only been around for, what? 4 years and there's already an upgrade soon to be released? Most games I have on the Switch are ports and indie-games anyway. It's not like I'm dying to play many 3rd party games that are available that I can't get through Steam or on my PS4.

However, being the tool I am---I wonder if there'll be a trade in option or something.

Here's a surprise inspired by the classic arcade, NES and SNES era of Ninja Turtles.

Devs have hinted additional playable characters like Splinter, April O'Neil and Casey Jones may be unlockables.

I don't always check this thread, but a coworker showed this to me today. Figured I would see it was already posted. Looks pretty good, sure hope it is.
I have played TMNT 2 and 4 the most like a hundred times.

With the latest patch and expansion I am back into The Outer Worlds. 60 fps is Nice but I am most excited about the old patch (havent played it much since release) that let you adjust the text size. The original text was tiny.

If there's any fighting game enthusiasts here who follow the Pro scene, big news on the Sony front. Sony is now the co-owner of the Evolution Championship Series (aka Evo) making them a primary player in the e-sports scene now. Pretty impressive for something that pretty much began in a basement in 1996 to make it this far in 2021.

With the latest patch and expansion I am back into The Outer Worlds. 60 fps is Nice but I am most excited about the old patch (havent played it much since release) that let you adjust the text size. The original text was tiny.

I will eventually get the DLCs when they are heavily discounted. I thought the game was extremely overrated. It felt like it ended in the middle of the game and the characters (other than Parvati) were forgettable. IMO anyway.

I will eventually get the DLCs when they are heavily discounted. I thought the game was extremely overrated. It felt like it ended in the middle of the game and the characters (other than Parvati) were forgettable. IMO anyway.

I really liked the characters and the writing. Only one that felt flat to me was Felix. The setting really worked for me.

Time to bump this back up with some news.

35th Anniversary of Dragon Quest (originally known as Dragon Warrior in North America) revealed six new upcoming games, but what I am most excited about is the HD-2D remaster of Dragon Quest III which originally appeared on the NES, as well as confirmation that Dragon Quest I and II of the NES era will also eventually be getting the HD-2D remaster treatment.

An introduction to the character roster for the upcoming Back 4 Blood

New Bloomberg article speaks of the heavily rumored Switch Pro version upgrade.

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-27/nintendo-plans-upgraded-switch-replacement-as-soon-as-september

Anybody play No Man's Sky? If so, what do you all think? I've finished Cyberpunk and since there's no DLC out for it yet and I don't want to play it again (at least not so soon after finishing) I'm in between games. No Man's Sky sounded interesting and there seems to be a lot of support for it by the devs, but I wanted to get a general consensus as to if it's any good or not before buying it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back