The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

GTA 6 has been in the rumors for a while now, and I suppose they are doing something with it....but I also have heard that they are planing on bringing GTA 5 to the PS5, which is odd since it started on PS3. Might be milking that one a bit too much....hopfully that was a false rumor.

I imagine that having GTA 5 on PS 5 is more that there's no reason NOT to. If they've already got the system set up to be "backwards compatible" in the least, they should still be able to sell the very same digital distribution version they had for PS4 on the PS-5. The idea that a game dies with its release console isn't really a requirement any more; especially with flagship games that have solid game play. Even if they're doing a graphics update instead of just releasing the old version, you'll still have new players. If you can have a game available to sell to folks that may not have played it in the past, or by folks that don't have their old system any more, or have switched systems, it's still a great idea.

Yeah I'm enjoying MW right now as well. Warzone, in particular.

SB
Same. Warzone (to me) brings together the best aspects of gaming into one amazing package. Shooting, looting, strategy, risk-vs-reward, and teamwork. But, it does has its faults (lag, hit detection, OP weapons - Grau and MP5, cheaters).

hadn't heard anything about "no more GTA". As long as they can come up with a good story, I imagine GTA will keep going for a long time.
No way RockStar is walking away from this cash cow. It has sold over 120 million copies ($5 Billion in sales if you average the unit price around $40 each).
I think they typically take about 7 years between proper GTAs. That would put 2020 as the next iteration, but with new hardware coming out and increased development time for next-gen, I could see this remaster as a way to generate more sales and give them a year or two more development time for GTA 6.

GTA 6 has been in the rumors for a while now, and I suppose they are doing something with it....but I also have heard that they are planing on bringing GTA 5 to the PS5, which is odd since it started on PS3. Might be milking that one a bit too much....hopfully that was a false rumor.

GTA5 is coming to PS5/XBox with overhauled visuals, performance and expanded content and was confirmed during the PS5 reveal. A standalone version of the revamped GTA Online will also be coming for people who just want the online portion of the game but people who own the new GTA5 will receive some in game perks in GTA Online.

GTA5 is coming to PS5/XBox with overhauled visuals, performance and expanded content and was confirmed during the PS5 reveal. A standalone version of the revamped GTA Online will also be coming for people who just want the online portion of the game but people who own the new GTA5 will receive some in game perks in GTA Online.
So milking it is. GTA 5 was fun and all, but something new is always welcome as well.

I just hope if we get GTA 6 they actually do DLC and not just focus on online. I don't know if it meant anything, but at the end of GTA 5 they were playing that song saying "It's a setup, it's a setup." and I thought that was alluding to a DLC that was forthcoming. Maybe it was just a song though?

I just hope if we get GTA 6 they actually do DLC and not just focus on online. I don't know if it meant anything, but at the end of GTA 5 they were playing that song saying "It's a setup, it's a setup." and I thought that was alluding to a DLC that was forthcoming. Maybe it was just a song though?

I swear there was a plan to do DLC for GTA5, but GTA online proved to be too lucrative so they abandoned it. But below is all I could find:

Despite the lack of DLC for GTA V, don’t think Rockstar has abandoned the concept entirely. “We did not feel single-player expansions were either possible or necessary, but we may well do them for future projects,” Sarwar said. “At Rockstar, we will always have bandwidth issues because we are perfectionists and to make huge complex games takes a lot of time and resources. Not everything is always possible, but we still love single-player open-world games more than anything. I don’t think you could make a game like GTA V if you did not like single-player games and trying to expand their possibilities!”

The rest of the interview is a must-read if you have any interests in GTA Online. There’s plenty of interesting details about what goes into a GTA Online expansion and Sarwar’s favorite creations from the community. However, the most interesting bit relating to GTA Online involves Sarwar’s plans for the online mode once Red Dead Redemption II releases alongside Red Dead Online.
So it looks like they "didn't have time to do it", but I still read that as it wasn't worth the money to do it compared to GTAO otherwise they would have done it.

20 minutes of Cyberpunk 2077 footage

Also just discovered Deep Rock Galactic on PC. My brothers and friends are all addicted to the online coop. It's like Helldivers meets Minecraft in all the best possible ways.

I'm still not sold on 2077. Maybe there's info on gameplay mechanics, but I haven't run across any. Does it supposedly have an honest to god stat system and skill progression, where you make your character? Or is it just surface level stuff like in GTAV where you character gets marginally better at shooting and driving because they've been shooting and driving the whole game?

Are dialogue choices actually supposed to change the game/story, or does telling people to go **** themselves through the whole game just get them to act like sour jerks back to you, and the story never changes?

I'm still not sold on 2077. Maybe there's info on gameplay mechanics, but I haven't run across any. Does it supposedly have an honest to god stat system and skill progression, where you make your character? Or is it just surface level stuff like in GTAV where you character gets marginally better at shooting and driving because they've been shooting and driving the whole game?

Are dialogue choices actually supposed to change the game/story, or does telling people to go **** themselves through the whole game just get them to act like sour jerks back to you, and the story never changes?

Most of the game journos who got to play 5 hours of the game seem to say your dialogue choices have a big impact on story progression.

I just finished the Dishonored games and their DLCs. Has anyone read any of the novels? Are they worth reading? I think I saw three novels and a couple comic series.

HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY TO CHRONO TRIGGER. One of my favorite SNES games. Here is a video I have put together for it plus a long goal that I've been working on that has taken 25 years and will take many more before I'm finished. You guys can see how ridiculous I can be.

Little Devil Inside now a timed Sony exclusive. I've been waiting for this massive open world exploration RPG for years now and a new trailer is out.

Also, finally we have some more in depth info on what you actually do in this game.

Games I've been playing lately:

- Almost done with Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Great game, especially in turn-based mode. (Although I used the mod, not the officially supported version, which I haven't yet tried.)

- Been enjoying Ghost Recon: Wildlands. It's pretty thin on story, but the action is fun.

- Been enjoying Rage 2. It's really pretty and a big improvement over the first game, but still relatively shallow story-wise. There's an element to the design of games that emanate from id properties that just seems....mired in the past, really. Dunno what it is, but it's like they're just all about kinda basic gunplay, AMAZING graphics, and the thinnest veneer of a story.

Thinking after this I might do some of the Witcher games, although I've never been able to get into the first two, and the combat in the second one is especially irritating (or at least, that's how I found it while i played the tutorial). I'm holding off on playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance until I get the Witcher stuff out of the way.

Thinking after this I might do some of the Witcher games, although I've never been able to get into the first two, and the combat in the second one is especially irritating (or at least, that's how I found it while i played the tutorial). I'm holding off on playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance until I get the Witcher stuff out of the way.

I've only played the 2nd and 3rd. You can skip the second. It's totally playable, but you can pretty much get the gist of what happened while playing Witcher 3. I got Kingdom Come: Deliverance free and played it for about an hour, uninstalled it, and started playing Skyrim again. It just felt like a really wonky mod to an existing game. The player movement just made me feel like I was drunk.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back