The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

I wouldn't say there's proof it's CGI, it might be, but I think there's some physical element. At the very least there is significant retouching.

I wouldn't say there's proof it's CGI, it might be, but I think there's some physical element. At the very least there is significant retouching.

What makes me think that this saber is the one seen in the film. Is misaligned pommel. (Or misaligned control box, which ever way you see it) to me it would seem if they had taken the time to create a "hero" prop, you'd think they would have gotten the alignment correct. So that makes me think that the "white glove" saber and the "creepy uncle" are indeed one in the same.

I just keep going back to the finish and the box being so different.

But I also just saw a 30-something Sam Jackson in a new movie. We've reached the point that you can't trust anything you see onscreen.

I just keep going back to the finish and the box being so different.

But I also just saw a 30-something Sam Jackson in a new movie. We've reached the point that you can't trust anything you see onscreen.

This is where that sucks...

Guess it's best to ask on this thread as I dont think anybody has mentioned it yet...
A few of us are currently discussing the dimensions of the Luke ROTJ hero, and whilst digging around on here and on OriginalPropblog, I saw this photo which was taken between 96 and 97'.
20190402_142954-picsay.jpg
What is the story with the Aluminium ROTJ under Bobas blaster? It has elements of a few of the known ROTJ hero style sabers... It seems to have quite a large wide nipple, and a brass on the first step of the emitter. Seems to have a large aluminium area on the windvane section and a brass tri ring. Is it the Yuma? I thought the Yuma became the ISYHCANL?

Yup Chris beat me too it, there are actually a few more photos of it during the time of this photo

2018 Update!
The guide is now live on the front page of wannawanga!

http://wannawanga.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/SW_Lightsaber_Guide.pdf

+++++

Original post:

So if you're anything like me, you forget to bookmark pages, and you frequently have to go searching for information on this saber or that saber. For awhile I've been wishing there was a master thread or site that had all the information the RPF has come up with on lightsabers. Like Parts of Star Wars, but something lightly more updated than a geocites page.

I decided to make my own wish come true. After doing the lightsaber tree I had all the photos and information at hand-- but what that chart lacked was the lore. I put all these things together and decided to make an all-inclusive, cover every OT saber ever guidebook that talks about the props, their history, their individual parts and accompany it all with the highest res bestest photos I could find.

Before I go unleashing it to the world, I have shown it to some of the vets here for input, and now I'm hoping to sort of beta-test it with the rest of the RPF.

See anything that needs correcting? Anything to fight over? Post it!

I hope you all dig it:

Many thanks for doing the book Seth! It's awesome to say the least!!

This is incredible, great work! Well placed captions, photos and blurbs.

I'm pretty sure the "tube" stunt has a Graflex on it as opposed to an MPP, it's on my workbench now coincidentally, and that clamp is definitely a full 2" and the box is only .5 tall, with so much gaffer tape!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back