The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

Sneaky..

IMG_8778.jpg

Love how it’s chill’n in the back ground

So I've been thinking. If it's a resin cast. What's it cast from? Something 3D printed? Or is it possible that was cast from the TFA BTS saber?

The seam lines on the emitter and upper neck don't line up. Did they just shift the seam line when clay-ing it up or are they separate pieces?

I think this was originally 3d printed and then cast. We know many other props were 3d printed including the compass which was a SUPER last minute thing

The seam like on the emitter and the neck is a funny thing.. I’m no casting expert but cast a few things in my day and I can’t make any sense to why the line doesn’t match

Unless It’s cast in pieces and glued together.. but I don’t know why they did that..

I was going to say maybe it’s a print line. I get those on my prints especially on cylinder shapes you can get a line up one side
AC94620D-5DCD-4E56-B529-9069B6302E6D.jpeg

Before you all jump on my this is a failed experiment, it’s a v3 emitter with the wrong size ring below the emitter plate.. I know I know.. terrible Halliwax bad boy!

Anyway, you can see the print line pretty good here

I think this was originally 3d printed and then cast. We know many other props were 3d printed including the compass which was a SUPER last minute thing

The seam like on the emitter and the neck is a funny thing.. I’m no casting expert but cast a few things in my day and I can’t make any sense to why the line doesn’t match

Unless It’s cast in pieces and glued together.. but I don’t know why they did that..

I was going to say maybe it’s a print line. I get those on my prints especially on cylinder shapes you can get a line up one side
View attachment 1002251

Before you all jump on my this is a failed experiment, it’s a v3 emitter with the wrong size ring below the emitter plate.. I know I know.. terrible Halliwax bad boy!

Anyway, you can see the print line pretty good here

Makes me wonder if it was meant to be prototype or mock up of some sort?

Do we have any idea how Ben's Jedi saber was made?

I was going to say maybe it’s a print line.
I think it doesn't looks like a print line. Too rough.
I'm still thinking it's rubber cast and these lines are traces of the casting at the junction of the mold halves. And the pieces were cast separately and then glued together.

дет (1).jpg

Makes me wonder if it was meant to be prototype or mock up of some sort?

Do we have any idea how Ben's Jedi saber was made?

Most likely 3d print as well.. my other issue with them being 3d printed is. ILM used HUGE powder bed printers for TFA. Those parts come out smooth as glass..

The printers the public can afford are primitive compared to what the industry has..

Idk.. I see see a print line

Blah! I’m getting old. Who wants a cup of chocolate milk!?

Most likely 3d print as well.. my other issue with them being 3d printed is. ILM used HUGE powder bed printers for TFA. Those parts come out smooth as glass..

The printers the public can afford are primitive compared to what the industry has..

Idk.. I see see a print line

Blah! I’m getting old. Who wants a cup of chocolate milk!?
Agree about 3D-printed Ben's lightsaber and ILM's printers quality (btw this is another reason for casting marks on WhiteGlove - if it were printed, the surface would be smooth).

2.png

I am in no way saying I believe the white glove saber is 3d printed. I believe the master was printed, and the white glove saber is a cast off the 3d master..

This theory seems plausible. And what do you think about screen used prop?

Honest opinion..? I want to believe the white glove is the on screen prop, terribly touched up with CGI...

Until a real hero is shown, that’s what I’m sticking with until then..

The new Star Wars show with the prop section may give us more insight to other props.. which can give us more keys to how other props are made

Maybe we should move this topic make to the creepy uncle thread? I am notorious for high jacking threads

And I don’t want Seth beating me up and wrapping my booster in gaffers tape :p

Sorry Seth couldn’t resist! ;)

Maybe I'll try to replicate these line shapes. It's not a problem to make molds from my own CU saber

Btw, Seth, are you planning to add a Maul hilt from Solo?

Last edited:
Maybe I'll try to replicate these line shapes. It's not a problem to make molds from my own CU saber

Btw, Seth, are you planning to add a Maul hilt from Solo?

MAYBE... if I can find pics of the physical prop.

As for the creepy uncle-- the box is just so completely different and the finish is so shiny on screen I have trouble buying it's the white glove.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back