The ultimate Die Hard (1988) Detonators. Pics inside!

Volksfrei

Hi Guys,

I decided to make the detonators to go along with my C4. It took a while to source the proper materials to do this right. This is an exact replica of the film prop. I made the wires from solid-core copper, and covered them in blue and yellow heat shrink. The detonator diameter and length, as well as the tube diameter and length are 100% accurate, and the orange caps are made by the same manufacturer as in the film!. Took me years to find those!

I'll take proper photos when my other Die Hard props are finished. Thanks for looking!

Cheers!
John

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Haha! Thanks, Ed. I think better photos will do these justice. They don't look like much, but a lot of time was spent recreating every detail of the prop. I'll add better images soon.

Seriously....they look great!!! I love incidental props like this that turn out to be a very important part of the film. --Ed

If I wanted to a gauge whether or not it would be worth it to offer these replicas for sale, do I ask on this forum, or post in the Junkyard?

Thanks!
John

the first thing you have to do is become a Premium Member because only then can you post in the Junkyard. its not very expensive. Then you can start a Interest thread to see if people are Interested in buying what your selling.

have a look in the junkyard, the threads that start with INT are Interest threads, read a few to see the way they work.

good luck, i for one would be intrested, depending on how much they cost.

Thanks guys! I think we only see one held by Bruce Willis, maybe see a few inside the duffle bag. I read the terms, and will join Premium membership soon.

Hi Guys,

I decided to make the detonators to go along with my C4. It took a while to source the proper materials to do this right. This is an exact replica of the film prop. I made the wires from solid-core copper, and covered them in blue and yellow heat shrink. The detonator diameter and length, as well as the tube diameter and length are 100% accurate, and the orange caps are made by the same manufacturer as in the film!. Took me years to find those!

I'll take proper photos when my other Die Hard props are finished. Thanks for looking!

Cheers!
John

View attachment 631157
View attachment 631158
Hey bud, are you able to make like 2-3 of these for me? Lmk. Thank you. ☺️

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back