The ugly Pulse Rifle: "Stunt" style inspired varient

bigbisont

For my latest pulse, I wanted a light weight 'stunt' for use at long cons and/or for my wife to be able to use. While not a true 'stunt' (for many reasons), I did succeed it making it pretty light and I decided to roll with the "stunt" look.

The guts are the 'leftover' HCG parts that weren't used in my 'hero-ish' build. They are pretty nicely cast resin bits with many moving parts. Much of it is hollow too so weight is way down vs. a static resin one.
20141022_184553.jpg

For the shrouds I went with a heavily modified airsoft shroud. They are so thin and light. Plus the mag base can be attached without a mag in place. I saved a lot of weight and have tons of room for sound upgrades leaving the magazine out of the build entirely.

Of course I would have to fix a few things to accurize them a bit.

20150608_191041.jpg
20150615_175248.jpg

20150619_114329.jpg

Now, why did I keep referencing "the stunt look"?
Few have probably noticed,and even fewer chose to acknowledge it as it is so ugly:lol, but....

Anyone ever notice how a LOT of the Pulse rifles seen in Aliens have the barrel vent way too far forward and overhanging the grenade launcher and leaving the barrel exposed behind the vent?

Forward Hero.jpg

Oddly enough, that is not a 'one off' that accidentally made it into the rotation. It looks like they chose that one to cast and mold all the "Rubber Stunts"! That forward vent look is everywhere!
MultiTaskPrime.jpg

While it is far from 'idealized' and is a bit weird, I think it has its own unique charm and I think it has 'character'. So I used it!

I just slapped the HCG static counter in it and here it is in all its imperfect 'stunt look' glory!

20150620_161056.jpg

The vent is just held in with 2 screws, so it isn't "permanent" but for now I like it. What do you think? Too ugly for its own good? A fun chang-up? Other?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back