The twilight Princess Link Discussion

Hello I have made a new account here and wish to ask a question or two,

I am looking to build a zelda tp Link costume ,
Any and all advice will be very welcome, and any things to get togethe befour a first build?

Many Thanks all! ^.^

I'm actually starting on a Dark Link Twilight Princess design right now :D. First thing I usually do is extensive research for as many angles as possible and look at game art so you can figure out what fabric type/weight/texture is best for the costume. After that I usually buy 7-10 yards of cheap 1 dollar fabric and newspaper so I can draft patterns.

I'd suggest a canvas, cotton duck twill or other heavy weight fabric for the tunic and a light fabric for the white undershirt. As a highschool student I'm rather strapped for cash, so I'm substituting nylon netting (available at joann fabric) for the chain mail undershirt. For the gauntlets I'm using the ever wonderful craftfoam/EVA foam.

Sword is being made of foamcore project board (Elmer brand trifolding board)
Shield is EVA Floor mats purchased at lowes hardware.
Aaaaaand have some links :) :

Tutorials by xHylianKnightx on deviantART
Volpin Props: Link's Master Sword
Forging Links Master Sword - Twilight Princess version

NPC Costumes: March 2010 (BEST RESOURCE)
Starting the Tunic and Hat
Link Master Sword Tutorial
A Quiet Path
How to Make Costume Elf Ears by ~Zeldaness on deviantART
Con Costumes |
https://plus.google.com/photos/106430219639239080340/albums/5112550512738919985?banner=pwa

Link Cosplay - Skyward Sword

Link Costume (Legend of Zelda) - Step by Step

If you're good at pepakura: Fat Sam's Cosplay Project: Zelda Master Sword
Life-Sized Link | PaperCraft Museum

Yesh, so I hope some of that helps! Happy Costuming! :)

Canvas is definitely the wrong way to go. That tunic drapes nicely, more like a linen or lighter cotton. Canvas would look all wrong.

Canvas may not have been the right word...its, this kinda stretchy fabric that I used for an ezio cosplay I think another RPF-er used it too. Its kinda textured like canvas but not rough to the touch?

EDIT: I just looked it up, it's gabardine.

Last edited:
Gabbardine is correct for Ezio, but I don't think it would be appropriate for TP Link. His tunic has more of a vertical/horizontal grain than a diagonal.

I was thinking a green moleskin in the appropriate shade,
Im also strapped for cash,
I have bought a slight course , linen for the shirt underneath its thick and off white looks very medieval
bought 200 chains to try out chainmail
Leather is a must for me though as Link is a very hard character to pull of, so the more real the better for me
Will post progress in this thread :3

EDIT:thanks alot for all the info zath really helpful and very informative
. ▲
▲ ▲

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back