The Tumbler Begins

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Robbie TPC

New year new project, a 1/6 Studio Scale Tumbler used in Batman Begins.
A few screencaps of the model used in the movie,

The chassis of my Tumbler so far,

I’m gonna use aluminum to build this model, it wil be equipped with RC stuff and probably an combustion engine. And it will be more accurate than the original 1/6 scale Tumbler.

Let the fun begin :thumbsup

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Robbie TPC

Thanks people :thumbsup

Yeah, the aluminum makes this propject a pretty laborious job.
But it is an awesome material to work with,

Ive got a few shots from the studio ill dig up and post later if you want them.

Al
That would be great if you can post them :love

Monster Dave

Sr Member
They used an RC model??? I thought I had heard that all the stunt work was actually done by full scale Tumber....though, now that I say that, I'd love to have seen at when the Tumbler was ripping across rooftops!! LOL.

Cool project!

crackerjazz

Sr Member
Enviable building skills! Watching this thread. And wow, I never knew it was an RC that they drove across the rooftops either. I have to watch that scene again. Great model builders.

Robbie TPC

The 1/6 scale Tumbler was used in this shot of the movie, very difficult to see the model but it should be here

This is the beast New Deal made for The Dark Knight,

crackerjazz

Sr Member
Thanks for the video link - that was unbelievably realistic! :) Robbie TPC looking forward to seeing your build progress. Great subject! I love scale RCs - it's like a combination of art and technology -- form and function!

JEDSTER

This is very cool.

I think I saw the new deal one at the Legendary Pictures booth at Comic Con in 2011

JEDSTER

Here are the pics of my Hot Toys one.
Wish it has an RC features in it, like to move the flaps or something.

coofunkcurly

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Very cool!

I thought I had read that the studio ones were 1:5 or something odd. Dunno if I read or dreamt it though. Yes, I dream about Batman. :lol