The TRON Lebowski

Pirogoeth

I've had an idea. What would The Dude look like if he suddenly found himself on the Grid in TRON: Legacy?

dude.jpg

I was specifically thinking of this outfit, complete with beverage.

Here's what I'm thinking:
T-shirt doesn't change.
Change the color of the pants to black.
Black socks under white jelly sandals.
Blue beverage in the glass.

What I'm getting hung up on is the sweater. Originally I was thinking just do it up in black with the design in white. Then I had the idea to make a jacket like Flynn's and paint on the design. The problem with the sweater is I want to have the Disc on the back, but I know yarn isn't going to hold up to the weight.

So my question is this: Should I go with the sweater and have an inner layer of fabric to which the disc mount is attached or should I go with the jacket?
Kevin-Flynn-Tron-Legacy.jpg

I don't know. Not at first, at least. How would I work that into a sweater? I guess it would look interesting under the sweater, lighting up the design....

That's not a bad idea. It'd be interesting to figure out how to guide the paint to the right parts of the sweater without affecting the black.

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted about this.

I am still going with it. I'm just taking my time. I've bought needles to knit the sweater and about half of the yarn I'm going to need. I also created a pattern for the back that integrates the pattern that's on the back of Flynn's robes around the disc. At this point money is what's keeping it from moving forward.

I'm also trying to figure out how to mount the disc. Should I just attach it with magnets directly to the sweater? Anyone have any ideas?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back