The TK604 Predator suit, test run at Dragon Con 2008.

Mr Fett

Sr Member
Here is a costume that Ruffkintoy and myself combined forces on for my friend Luis, who goes by TK604 on the boards. He's never posted here but knows of the site. We made this for him slowly over the last few months for Dragon Con last weekend, but since he lives a couple states over from me, we had to wait to see him again for final attachments so Chuck and I literally attached the upper body armor strapping and created the loincloth belt right there in the hotel room over the course of an afternoon to size it to him.

I casted and painted all the resin armor parts and the Pete Mander custom gauntets, which I own Pete's original molds for. Chuck made the AVP-R backplate and AVP latex buttflap. We both made the bio together (Chuck's AVP Scar bio, which I put the mohawk on, since Luis himself has a little mohawk of hair, so it's personalized to him like Predator suits usually are). Chuck casted and painted all the latex parts, except for the pair of P2 hands he had lying around his house that we used on this suit, and the AVP faceless undermask, which was made by Inkmonster.

Dreads were a set of DB's. We went without dread rings, and made a ponytail in the back like the Hippie Lost Hunter, with the ponytailed dreads hanging longer than the rest of the head.

For skin colors, all he said was he wanted it to be red tones, so Chuck just went at it and came up with how it looks.

I used my same platforming feet tutorial I made for the Lair and measured him suited up at just under 6'7" in costume, where as Luis is 5'11" normally.

I posted this here instead of the completed suit thread, because even though it's currently wearable as a costume, we still plan on attaching the netting, mounting a shoulder cannon, and swapping out the shin armor for a pair of AVP shins and anklets, so it's not fully completed yet. He did say he loved wearing it though, so that's the best thing. :rolleyes: We'll finish up the suit the next time I see him. Onto the pictures, taken by our friend Ron. Click on image to take it to the larger picture.......

Some with Kimmy ....

Luis is about an inch shorter than me out of costume....

Chuck working on building the strapping system....

Last edited by a moderator:
omg, that is one sick suit. did you ever finish the suit? also, what is the material you stuck under the shins, and what is the name of the string used around the gauntlet. that stuff goes well with the suit

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back