The Thundarr that almost was- thank God it wasn't

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I remember when Thundarr the Barbarian first came on the air- I was a pup in Jr High and it was the first cartoon where I started to notice that in Saturday morning cartoon world- swords were only good for breaking boulders, threatening others and picking locks - never never neve never were they to be used to strike another living creature and with that Thundarr lost all potential to me. I know others here love the show, so I figured I'd post this. Check out how they were going to bring back old Thundarr a few years ago

Infinite Hollywood: The Thundarr That Almost Was

Last edited:
That show had a lot of potential but seemed to never make use of it. I'd like a remake but it needs to be made by someone who can handle the material and not turn it into some badly drawn crapfest. I always figured it would make a good show for older teens and adults.

That show had a lot of potential but seemed to never make use of it. I'd like a remake but it needs to be made by someone who can handle the material and not turn it into some badly drawn crapfest. I always figured it would make a good show for older teens and adults.
If anything I'd kind of like to see one done by the folks who did the Justice League show and batman beyond.

You guys do know that the Bruce Timm who's supposed to be working of the next version of Thundarr is the co-creator/producer of

Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, Batman Beyond, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back