The Three Stooges Trailer

If I close my eyes, I can hear the real Larry, Moe, and Curly in their impressions and I'm super happy to hear that. Like Joe said, I wish it was a period piece. The stooges seem way out of place in 2011.

Does anyone know if Shemp is in the new movie?

Nope, It's like putting 30's-40's humor into contemporary times with out the context whats happening in the world today. Try "Seinfeld with cellphones" it just doesn't work.
Especially the iPhone joke, maybe if they are coming out of some time machine. Then I'd believe they didn't know what an iPhone was, then I'd laugh.
Nice impersonations- but the characters would be a bit different for today.
I agree it should have been done as a period comedy.

You don't take the three Musketeers and put them out of context, same should be considered here.

Also another way could be the way they did the Brady Bunch movie where the Brady's were somehow still stuck in the 70's and just didn't get they were in present time.

Last edited:
The iPhone may be out of place, but the gag was true to the Stooges. I can totally see Curly doing that.

I was shocked by the trailer. I laughed out loud.

I kinda wish it was a period piece as well.

I have no chance of getting the wife to see this, though. Why do girls hate the stooges so much?

It'll be worth a rental or the 5.00 bin. I'd rather have had a period piece or some silly scifi thing to get to modern times. I mean they already went to space back in the 40s lol. This is a love it or hate it movie for fans.

For some Odd reason, I'm picturing Tommy Lee Jones as Shemp :p I laughed out loud too. I was pretty much expecting something between getting a tooth drilled without novocaine, or hitting my big toe with a hammer, but I was a bit surprised.

Well, I guess I'm gonna be the turd in the punch bowl, based on the rest of the positive comments. There was nothing funny in that trailer. I see this being one of the worst movies of the year (whenever it comes out) and being critically panned. The only thing that will keep some people at bay is the fact that its the Farrelly Brothers, and some people believe they can do no wrong. Just my opinion.

They'll never replace the originals, but gotta admit I laughed.

This was my thought on it as well...the guy who is moe seems to do a pretty decent job from the small clip we got. And I must admit, I laughed out loud at the one Larry 'singing' shot...even if it was cheap humor ;o)..

I may go see this one now

Well, I guess I'm gonna be the turd in the punch bowl, based on the rest of the positive comments. There was nothing funny in that trailer. I see this being one of the worst movies of the year (whenever it comes out) and being critically panned. The only thing that will keep some people at bay is the fact that its the Farrelly Brothers, and some people believe they can do no wrong. Just my opinion.

I'll back your play. :thumbsup

Doug

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back