'The Thing'

Chewie15

Sr Member
Hey Folks,

Here's a commissioned sculpture I'm just about done with... a 1:1 Spiderhead from John Carpenter's 'The Thing'. I was very excited taking on this project as Rob Bottin's creature designs are some of my all time favorites! This will be finished in silicone.

SpiderH1.jpg

SpiderH2.jpg

SpiderH3.jpg

H

Howard S Studios

Last edited:
Re: You Gotta Be F@%$ing Kidding

Looks fantastic Howard, Cant wait to see that guy all painted and slimed up.
Killer piece.

your title fooled me....thought you were going to say some-one recast one of your items....

beautiful work of out....

your title fooled me....thought you were going to say some-one recast one of your items....

beautiful work of out....

That is just plain awesome Howard. This is one of the most imaginative and coolest movie monsters ever. Can't wait to see this one finished up!

******** it thats beautiful Howard. Cannot wait to see this finished as the thing is one of my favourite films. You should do a kurt russell to go with it. would be awesome. Fantastic, how's that 84 arnie comin along?

That's great Howard, one of my favourite movies. Just bought and watched the blu-ray a few days ago actually! I look forward to seeing it painted.

Looks awesome! At first I thought someone commissioned you to make this then didnt pay lol

I hate it. That makes my frakking skin crawl, just like it does when I watch the movie.

Which means you've done an awesome job. As usual. :lol

that was the item, that if i ever won the lotto i would hire you to sculpt..i just dont know how to feel....but as always its awesome

Love the title of your post, thats exactly what I ha John Carpenter sign on my The Thing laserdisc when I met him at Texas Frightmare weekend.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back