THE THING Prequel Maquettes

sabres21768

WARNING!! SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Looks like we (might) be getting our first look at the creatures from the upcoming THE THING prequel movie...

thethingmaquette6.jpg

thethingmaquette4.jpg

thethingmaquette2.jpg

thethingmaquette3.jpg

thethingmaquette1.jpg

thethingmaquette5.jpg

thethingmaquette.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well i think they're pretty f-in SICK whoever made them, the diorama they're in is very nice too, nasty little creatures they are...

Well.. I'm standing right next to Steve Wilkers who molds for ADI right now as he molds a creature suit for us. I've been to ADI and that isn't it. My Studio did the original maquettes for the prequel.. Then ADI got the job. I'm pretty sure you'll realize that the pics you posted aren't anywhere near studio quality.

Hmmm reading this response honestly sounds more snide the my earlier posts. Wasn't trying to offend bro.. But those pics are pretty bad

No worries dude.

You have much more insider info than I do, so I believe ya.

I thought they looked a bit "weak" myself, but looks like I got fooled. ;)

I don't think that's a dingy old basement, it looks to me like the backgrounds in those pics are scaled down sets to go with the sculpts.

Although I do believe George that these aren't the real things, I'm kinda bummed as I think they look really cool. They have a heavy Lovecraft and cthulu influence.

I don't think that's a dingy old basement, it looks to me like the backgrounds in those pics are scaled down sets to go with the sculpts.

Although I do believe George that these aren't the real things, I'm kinda bummed as I think they look really cool. They have a heavy Lovecraft and cthulu influence.

I was referring to the background in pic 6. The rest are diorama shots.

here are some of the silicone maquettes we did when we were up for it.

46b68f8c.jpg

1da2e55c.jpg

1e4f8baf.jpg

8745b0e3.jpg

271cbf6d.jpg

Now the biggest problem I have with the prequel is that it will be 90% CGI scans from ADI's maquettes ..in my opinion that is a Travesty. Carpenter's "The Thing" was a true testament to what can be achieved through practical effects ...and Rob Botin's creatures were un-paralleled

Too bad these are all maquettes of the original Thing movie. Seriously, there isn't a spider-head in The Thing Prequel. Still, fantastic work, though.

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' post='288487' date='Apr 20 2011, 06:43 AM']Uh . . . yeeeeeeah. In your hast to post the obvious escaped you. Those look like crap! lol ;)[/quote]

Wow...your insight is so spot on, timely, and relevant.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back